Manual sunroof crank question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual sunroof crank question

Hello guys, i've got a little question regarding the manual sunroof crank/handle.
    I just bought the plastic sunvisor panel, the one that you can put the Check Panel in.
    Originaly i had stock sunvisors without any panel or check, so all my roof was just material. I've tried installing, everything seems to line up, but the sunroof crank is just like sitting too low in the panel, and i cant crank it, even the handle will not open till the end. I've tried searching realoem, maybe it's different or something, but the codes are the same.
    Can anyone guide me in the right way? Thank you.
    5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
    Leave feedback about my transactions!
    sigpic

This is how my roof looks without any sunvisors:

Here's how the handle does not open till the end:

What are these atached to:

Can anyone make any photos of whats under their sunvisor panel? Would really like to see it. Thank you.
    sigpic

Comment

No pictures under the panel, but it looks like you're missing pieces.

Comment

Thank you, i have the plastic part around the handle, but i cant put it on, its like 1cm in height differance and even screws dont reach it, no mater how much i push it in.
        So i just dont get it, is it a different type of handle, or just my sunvisor panel doesent fit properly, maybe i need to cut my healiner in the front? Would like to see how it originally looks under it.
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...I have the same panel as you do...manual sunroof and I was postponing installing it and now after seeing this im curious if I will be up against the same problem as you have. Will try it out later today and post ....
          sigpic
          1990 318is M-technik2

Comment

Originally posted by xtos View Post
            Hmmm...I have the same panel as you do...manual sunroof and I was postponing installing it and now after seeing this im curious if I will be up against the same problem as you have. Will try it out later today and post ....
            Would be nice if you could post your experience if you succeed. How i understood it - it does not fit because of the roof material in the front, i think you would need to cut it. If your going to do thay, please keep us updated ;)

Max.
            sigpic

Comment

It's a no go :(
              There seems to be like an inch + clearance...even if you push it up hard so you can try to get the trim on you hear the cardboard starting to crack.
              I suspect that E30's like Tom's with manual sunroof + check panel have a different sunroof crank bracket . I don't see it any other way .
              I'm seriously thinking of doing an electric conversion .
              Last edited by xtos; 02-04-2014, 08:46 AM.
              sigpic
              1990 318is M-technik2

Comment

Working...
              X