Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JordAn
    GaUGes

they look good in the light, i'm still awaiting pics of nighttime illumination. I asked a while ago an nearly cause Jordans car to burn up... stupid loose wires in the engine bay
    Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by rscheiring
      And you really need to paint the needles red if you use a white face.
      Can you actually paint the needles? Im just wondering if it would work with the illumination. Looking at the real M needles, they seem to be solid where they attach to the pin, and transparent as they go out. Ive seen several non-Ms with the red needles, and after driving my dads roadster, i like the red needles much better. Any info from anyone whos done it?
      Old and improved:

Comment

Yeah my guage faces are color matched to my cars color (lachssilber)

I picked up some metallic stock (not paper, its sheet styrene backed) that just happened to be very very close to the color of my car. I took it to Kinkos with my "shaved" gauge layout, and had them print onto the sheet with plastisized ink.

I removed any and all symbols and writing that isnt needed, it just clutters up the faces.

As for the lighting, e30 guages are primaryly lit from the front, HOWEVER they are somewhat backlit, just not that strongly. I don't really care how well they light up at night, what are you doing looking at them anyways? Shouldnt you know how fast you are going? :)

Seriously tho, normally when I'm driving at night, I dim the dash lights all the way down.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Oh, and how come no one can spell my fucking name.

Its my fucking name, and my NAME.

damn.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
          https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
            Seriously tho, normally when I'm driving at night, I dim the dash lights all the way down.
            Word. Tara doesn't, and when I'm driving her car and click on the lights it shocks me. I'm not used to them searing my eyes like that.

Then when I get in my mom's Passat....well we just won't go there.
            My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerphile
              Originally posted by Jordan
              Word. Tara doesn't, and when I'm driving her car and click on the lights it shocks me. I'm not used to them searing my eyes like that.

Then when I get in my mom's Passat....well we just won't go there.
              yeah new VW dash lights are bright enough to light the road infront of you

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
                JordAn
                GaUGes
                :nice:

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

thanks for correcting my spelling, I appreciate it.(did i spell that word wrong too haha).
                  Anyways i really like the idea, looks awsome. Its very unique
                  90 325is
                  IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

Comment

Then there is my car where the guag lights are so dim you can't even tell they are on in the dark... :roll:

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                    X