Locking Issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locking Issue.

I have had a problem with my e30 convertible locking. I can lock the trunk and passenger side but the driver side will not lock. Locking the trunk does not lock my doors.

The only way to lock the Driver side door is have it closed and push it down from the passenger side.

It will not push down with door open. I also can not turn the key any way on that door.

What would this be?

Well first off, the doors are designed not to lock while open; this prevents you from locking your keys in the car. If you cannot turn the key in the driver's door lock, the lock cylinder probably needs a rebuild. They sell kits for ~$25 at places like pelicanparts. It's really more of a replacement cylinder, complete with new tumblers. I rebuilt mine and it wasn't too bad to do. The trunk not locking the doors could be due to sticky latch mechanisms in the doors and/or dead lock actuators in the door(s).
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
    X