Sparco Seat Install and Wedge Seat Brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sparco Seat Install and Wedge Seat Brackets

Hey all, thought I'd do a little write-up on Wedge Seat Brackets and my install process/experience. The seats are used Sparcos, don't remember the name but the cheaper fixed-backed ones. I'll start with a general overview of my experiences with the company.

Customer service: It was great, handled the international shipping no problem and contacted me regarding the exact measurements of my seats.

Brackets: Upon receiving the brackets, they look great. I bought a slider for the driver side and it came pre-assembled ready to bolt the seats on. Really nice wrinkle finish on them and all the necessary brackets to get your stock seat belts on.

Install (and photos): When I went to install the seats, the driver side bolted right up to the slider absolutely no issue. I used 12.9 grade 8mm Allen Bolts 3/4" long. The slider uses oval mounting holes to let you postition your seat accurately.

And the finished product:

Then our first issue: I did not order passenger-side sliders and instead gave Wedge my seat measurements. Their drilling was close, but not quite. So I used a manual mill at work...

... to oval those ones out too.

Then I installed the stock seatbelt hardware:

And now the final product!

Seats feel so much better than stockers, they hug your ass like a priest does a little boys. They have a lower driving position for sure, but you can see everything and reach anything you'd need to. Overall, I am definitely pleased. Good product, relatively easy install and great once installed.
    1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
    1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
    1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
    ...And a couple others...
Working...
X