MK2 recaro seatbelt issue in e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK2 recaro seatbelt issue in e30

my solution to install these seats was to do it with e21 sliders and recaro adapters, but the seatbelt seatbelt link hole on the e21 sliders is tilted at almost a 45deg angle and the e30 seatbelt link will not match up since its S shapped and is meant to be matched up to a hole that lies verticle. Any advice on making this work is greatly appreciated.

the e30 sedan and vert belts both anchor to the seat and coupe anchor to a rod. seems easiest fix is to use the coupe rod in the sedan. is that a viable solution? would those rods even fit in the sedan?

Comment

I used a bunch of washers to take up the space so the belt bolts onto the slider correctly.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

the end link on the seat belt is S shaped and I cannot even line it up because there is not enough room

Comment

How my seatbelts are attached using washers on the inside to space it out to clear the Mk2 Recaro seat.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Thanks for the pics, but what you have is what I have referred to as vertical. The e21 sliders tilt toward the door at 45deg and the door sill interferes with the alignment.

Comment

Working...
            X