Leather Sport Seat Back Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leather Sport Seat Back Problem

The back to my Vert Sport Seat on the driver side is slightly cocked to the left and I'm not sure why. I'll try to get pictures tomorrow but I was thinking this is a common problem so I would throw it up here for a quick response.
    1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
    BMW

Have you removed it to see what's up? There are metal clips towards the top, if they break or aren't latching properly the back cover will be askew.
    '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
    '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
    '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

Originally posted by Semblance View Post
      Have you removed it to see what's up? There are metal clips towards the top, if they break or aren't latching properly the back cover will be askew.

I was studying the bottom where the mechanism attaches to the backing. I will definitely need to take a look.
      1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

There's 2 screws on the back part of the seat, under the cover. Those, tend to loosen up and cause your seat to become lop sided.
        If you do not take care of it soon, it will permanently remain that way.

Use a phillips screwdriver and hopefully that'll do the trick, unless the tabs that hold those screw are already broken. In that case, just get a new seat back.

Goid luck.
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

The left tab was broken, which the side it was falling on, but I welded it back straight. The tabs on the lower part of the back.
          1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

The tabs have an adjustable screw, that one correct?
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
            X