Reupholstering Vert compartment lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reupholstering Vert compartment lid

Has anyone tried to take the vert tops compartment lid off and redo the leather? I've searched and searched and still barely know what to call the damn thing , compartment, tonneau , boot....either way mine is shot and I need to disassemble the trim and redo the vinyl or leather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I just decided to wing it and it looks incredible and was super easy, pics up tomorrow!

Comment

So after you take the compartment off it's actually very simple. Use a small screw driver and pry off 1 side of the molding being careful not to break any clips.
      2/3rds of a yard of marine grade vinyl and come loctite spray, a shit ton of close pins and you're done!

Comment

Nice work. Who did your seats?
        sigpic
        Reich und Roll!

Comment

Thanks! They're actually just groupon seat covers till I can have them reupholstered. FL car so the leather is shot.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I had been searching forever and finally came across your post. Sounds like it should be pretty easy as a DIY. Mine is cardinal red and is really sun faded and has some air bubbles underneath.

Comment

Working...
            X