Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best product/action to remove stains from tan floorboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best product/action to remove stains from tan floorboard?

I was planning on attacking my floorboard with a combo of Resolve spray, scrubbing and wet vacumming. Does anyone have a pretty good known and proven way of removing stains from the floorboard?

Oxi-Clean
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

Griots Garage Interior Cleaner did an amazing job

Comment

Originally posted by BENdashdash
        Griots Garage Interior Cleaner did an amazing job
        That must be you?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_HOME.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	7098988

Nice sell, it reminds me of Truman's wife doing the colombian coffee commercial deal out of nowhere. That scene is hilarious....

Comment

LOL, a $9.99 bottle of cleaner isn't exactly a great sale, I'm just trying to help out.

Comment

scrub in some heavy duty carpet cleaner, vaccum is out, and repeat, if you find it's not coming after 2-3 attempts, chances aer it's in there for good, you can try brake parts cleaner, but try a small area under the seat to make sure the color won't run.

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco
              That must be you?
              [ATTACH]2079[/ATTACH]

Nice sell, it reminds me of Truman's wife doing the colombian coffee commercial deal out of nowhere. That scene is hilarious....
              No, that's actually me. Ben is behind the camera. :D

But in all seriousness Interior Cleaner will get out nearly any stains from carpet etc. I had a somewhat large grease stain that I let chill on the carpet for about a year and I removed it without a brush. Just Interior Cleaner and a towel (spray on wipe off). I have also seen it remove coffee from tan carpets and various other stains. 35oz should easy do the job for your floors. With tan carpet I would recommend a nylon brush as well. After you are done with the carpets you can do all your seats, door panels, and dash. You will definately find it a $10 well spent.
              Last edited by DarkWing6; 04-24-2006, 02:46 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

dangit derek, you're so much better at that than me

Comment

my fav method of cleaning carpet is taking everything out and pressure washing it. You'll be amazed how much shit is in there.
                  Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                  http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport
                    my fav method of cleaning carpet is taking everything out and pressure washing it. You'll be amazed how much shit is in there.
                    Now thats something I need to try. I'm kicking around the idea of having my carpets professionally dyed. Figure I'll have to get them as clean as possible first. Still need to pull the carpet out, but isnt there foam attached to the bottom? How does that fare when you pressure wash it?

Comment

Originally posted by browntown
                      Now thats something I need to try. I'm kicking around the idea of having my carpets professionally dyed. Figure I'll have to get them as clean as possible first. Still need to pull the carpet out, but isnt there foam attached to the bottom? How does that fare when you pressure wash it?
                      it's pretty dense underneith. Just dont flip it over and shoot the foam lol. probably worth doing this summer, just spray it and let it dry in the sun.
                      Originally posted by Gruelius
                      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

i used the griots stuff on my blue carpeting as well as a mini "steam vac" (it was more of a squirt gun attatched to a vacuum) and you could see the dirt coming out in the water.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

What will get rid of chewing gum?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver
                            What will get rid of chewing gum?

The classic ones for gum in the hair are:

Lighter fluid, dont know what it'll do to the color of your carpet though.

Freeze it with dry ice or freon can, yank

Peanut butter?

Cant be too much of a stretch to apply for upholstery.

But here is some crazy ideas from the internet:

1. Removing Gum from Leather eHow Friend
                            Gum can be removed by using canola oil or any type of vegetable oil. This method does not ruin the leather's finish or softness. It is perfect!

Thanks. Your vote has been counted.Rate this tip:

2. I found a great gum remover eHow Friend
                            At the hardware store, they have "Goo Gone" in a bottle, which I used on some gum that I sat on. Applying a bit at a time, it dissolved the gum very quickly. Then, when I washed the pants, they were as good as new. This should work fine for cars.

3. Remove gum from Auto carpet with Murphy's Oil Soap Jeff
                            The lite oil base of Murphy's Oil Soap reduces the stickiness of the gum, and allows you to wash away the problem. Make a sudsy bowl with two cups of warm water and a tablespoon of soap. Wash with a cloth. Then rinse with clear water.

4. Be careful with the Goo-Gone The Lightning Stalker
                            Car seats are usually a plastic fiber, not true cloth, which Goo-Gone might dissolve.
                            Test in an inconspicuous area first.

5. Most households have it. Sharon M.
                            Removed gum from a vehicle carpet by rubbing peanut butter on the area and then cleaned the spot with soap & water Just like new~!!

6. WD-40 works all the time! robby S.
                            Spray the WD-40 on to the gum, then scrape it off with anything dull. It works!

7. WD 40 still works. robby S.
                            WD 40 removes chewing gum from car upholstery...Believe me, it works!

8. Removing gum from leather Wonder W.
                            Use a soft pencil eraser to "erase off" the gum from leather. It will need to be worked a little, as the gum will take on some of the rubber from the eraser, and slowly lose its grip from the leather, but the leather is not harmed. It's also good on couches, purses, shoes, etc.

9. How to remove gum from a shoe Pat A.
                            The stepped on a wad of gum so large that it squished up on the side of my heel. I was concerned that gasoline might remove the heel color and I didn't want WD40 to spray on the fabric upper, so I dabbed on olive oil with a paper towel, rubbed and then reapplied. It was so easy. I then wiped off the oil residue with a soapy sponge. It worked great!

10. Remove gum from car interior Bill
                            WD-40 works well in removing gum from cloth car seats. I just tried it on our VW Beetle, it really removed it.
                            Apply the WD-40 to a cloth and rub (don't spray directly on the seat, you may over spray). Remove the WD-40 with mild soap and water, dry, and spray with Febreze, for a clean smell.

11. Remove gum Joe
                            Use OFF!, the insect repellent, it works great on gum, felt tip pen markers and graffiti in general. Also, WD40 will help remove many things, including gum. Motor oil also works (use clean oil, any clean oil).
                            Consan Triple Action 20 removes odors from refrigerators, freezers, clothing, upholstery, etc. Just follow the directions. It works great on animal urine, baby urine, vomit and other odors, as well.

12. Removing gum from leather upholstery
                            This page was great! I used the ice method to pull off as much gum as I could, then the canola oil method for a few minutes which removed more, and lastly the soft eraser method removed the final spots! Took about five minutes!!!

Thanks!

13. Goo Gone and leather Liz
                            We had some gum on our beautiful leather couch. Goo Gone worked perfectly! Even though the label said not to use on leather, we had no problems.

14. WD-40 on floor mats Jay G.
                            I removed gum from my car's floor mats. Freezing it with an ice cube in a bag didn't help at all, the gum heats up too fast. WD-40 took it right out though. Just a little on a clean rag and about 30 seconds of scrubbing each spot did the trick for me. It left a faint WD-40 scent behind and I was afraid the residue would attract dirt over time, so I washed off the cleaned areas with a small amount of detergent in some warm water afterward. If you're cleaning a couple of spots you might want to mark them with Scotch tape to remember what areas to rinse after the gum is gone.

15. Compressed air gum removal Alan
                            As WD-40, Goo Gone, lighter fluid and peanut butter all leave a smell behind that is hard to get rid of, and plain ice just didn't have the removing power I was looking for, I tried something new that worked like a charm and leaves no scent behind.

Compressed Air. I used Memorex Air Duster brand which contains the common aerosol propellant Difluoroethane (AKA Freon). Just hold the can upside-down and lightly squeeze the trigger letting out a small stream of the freon (you don't need much for this to work). This instantly freezes the gum and turns it extremely brittle. Then I used a credit card to lightly rub back and forth on the gum. The gum is so brittle at this point it breaks up into little pieces even though it is matted and pressed into the carpet.

This is best done with a full powered vacuum on hand (crevice tool) to vacuum up the small bits of gum before they thaw and get gummy again. This method allowed me to remove two large ground in gum spots from a brand new car carpet in about 15 minutes. No staining or discoloration, and no smell afterward. You'd never even know there was gum there.

Warning: Turning the can upside-down goes against the manufacturer's intended purpose for the air can. You should also wear eye protection and not get this on your skin. This method is a bit of an advanced method, but it also is the only method that gives results without leaving any smell or discoloration whatsoever. The results were really pretty amazing.

Comment

Working...
                            X