Corbeau GTS II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbeau GTS II

Anybody have these installed and have a review on these seats or are we all recaro fan boys?
    ~Stay Thirsty~

I was wondering the same thing.
    GTS II look comfortable in cloth, and $738 for pair seems reasonable if they feel nice. I am guessing they have to be pretty tough with their jeep market focus.

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

I just purchase GTS II's they're actually one of my favorite seats for the E30. Very period correct, and comfortable!

Comment

Originally posted by 89DelphinE30 View Post
        I just purchase GTS II's they're actually one of my favorite seats for the E30. Very period correct, and comfortable!
        Which material did you get? Any pics and what brackets are you running?
        ~Stay Thirsty~

Comment

I got the suede material w/ Corbeau brackets, and crossing my fingers that it will wear good over time. I haven't installed them yet since the cars going into the body shop.

Comment

Those are what I'm planning on getting. Tell me how it wears! Where did you buy from
            ~Stay Thirsty~

Comment

I considered these, but after reading tons of reviews I decided against them. Lots of complaints of fading quickly, and the foam breaking down within the first year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bglad View Post
                I considered these, but after reading tons of reviews I decided against them. Lots of complaints of fading quickly, and the foam breaking down within the first year.
                Those complaints are old and outdated now. They use a different cloth than they used to which doesn't fade like the old cloth. They also have leather and suede options now which are going to hold up a lot better.

I just purchased the leather/suede set (leather bolsters and suede center) and I love them. I haven't installed them in the car yet but they are very comfortable and period correct for the e30. I definitely recommend them.
                Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

If you haven't installed them and used them for a period of time, how can you attest to the durability? I would put money on it that they are the same as they have been, as I was only looking less than 6 months ago. Sounds like you're just wanting to justify you purchase. I will agree that they do look good, and are period correct, as they are just recaro knock offs.

Comment

If you haven't installed them and used them for a period of time, how can you attest to the durability? I would put money on it that they are the same as they have been, as I was only looking less than 6 months ago. Sounds like you're just wanting to justify you purchase. I will agree that they do look good, and are period correct, as they are just recaro knock offs.
                    The only durability complaint was that the cloth seats ($750 ones) would fade in the sun after a year. From what I have read, they use a different type of cloth now that will not fade. Anyways, I have leather and suede ones that are 8 months old and look brand new still. So if someone is worries just don't buy the cloth ones, the leather and suede hold up just fine.

Build thread HERE

Comment

Originally posted by dillon7 View Post
                      The only durability complaint was that the cloth seats ($750 ones) would fade in the sun after a year. From what I have read, they use a different type of cloth now that will not fade. Anyways, I have leather and suede ones that are 8 months old and look brand new still. So if someone is worries just don't buy the cloth ones, the leather and suede hold up just fine.
                      How can you say that you have had them for 8 months, when you just said you haven't installed them? Either way, the foam is the same on cloth vs leather, and they will break down the same, and become just as worn, just as quickly.

Comment

How can you say that you have had them for 8 months, when you just said you haven't installed them? Either way, the foam is the same on cloth vs leather, and they will break down the same, and become just as worn, just as quickly.
                        I bought them used...I haven't seen anybody complain about the foam, just about the cloth fading.

Build thread HERE

Comment

Does the foam break down? Or does it break in? A buddy of mine got them, and they didn't break down very much they just got a little softer.
                          It's not bad paint, it's called "patina"

Comment

Also curious as my tan sports are toast. Be nice to see proof that they're using new material that doesn't wear/fade as fast, as I've also read somewhere that they fade quickly. And also that the foam isn't very heavy.
                            84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

Anybody have these with over a year of use on here? About to pull the trigger on these and if the cloth is junk then is the leather the way to go? Or is there another seat option that has better material that is close in price?
                              84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

Working...
                              X