removing anti-theft radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing anti-theft radio

Today im putting my headunit in, and my hayns book says that i need a special tool to remove the radio. Is there anyway around of using this tool. Or what is the tool that i need?? thanks
    90 325is
    IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

it's a special "BMW Radio" tool. it's different than an allen key as it has onyl 5 sides instead of 6. If you don't care about your radio and arent going to try to resell it, you can find an allen key that fits, and jam it in there to loose the screws to get the radio out.

-Kris
    My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

That's the reason why BMW called it a Anti-theft radio
      you need special tools

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
      1997 E36 328iT
      1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
      1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

i think you can buy them at schmucks or go to the dealership and have them remove it for you.
        FOKAI DA'MA'SHI'I ENSANE GRAPPING INT.

Comment

I used a allen wrench on the m3's stereo, didnt hurt the screws at all, and it worked fit.

Just find one that fits snug, but not so tight it needs to be jammed in.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
          https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
            I used a allen wrench on the m3's stereo, didnt hurt the screws at all, and it worked fit.

exactly, i do it all the time at the shop. allen keys work fine, you just got to find one that fits just tight engough.
            Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz
              Originally posted by Jordan

exactly, i do it all the time at the shop. allen keys work fine, you just got to find one that fits just tight engough.

I did the same thing. ;)
              - Sean Hayes

Comment

Working...
              X