Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing Vinyl seats with leather? Anyone done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Vinyl seats with leather? Anyone done it?

Hello,

I have a pearl beige sport vinyl interior I"m looking to upgrade to leather with sport front seats...

Has anyone else here done this?
    I've read in Bentley about 2 different rear seat latching/tabs/bolt attachments - is this a concern? (spring vs. foam base)

I have an 87 325e that I suppose after this will basically be a 325es with the other stuff I've done - but I'd really appreciate any advice. The front seats should bolt in, I"ve done that before. The rear worries me a little bit I've just never messed with it. Maybe I should replace the fuel pump while it's open. But anyhow... I'd appreciate any tips. Thank you. CB

- 87 325 215K

All I can say is I have a 4/23/87 build date 325i that had a pearlbeige leather comfort interior in it, and the first thing I did was swap late-model Natur leather front and rear comfort seats in. It was a straight swap, no issues whatsoever.

It's also Cirrusblau ;)
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

great

awesome... I may have lucked out and found someone with a full natur tan leather sport interior - no rips or major issues for like $400... I know people always act like everything they get is $50 but for me, I pay for nice things and I'm going to find out in a few days.. cuz the guy delivers! door to door. We'll see... i'm pretty pumped to see if this works because the vynil comfort seats are not really doing it for me now.. they creak, etc.

Comment

That's actually a decent price for a full set in good condition, so win-win!
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
        X