ashtray iphone holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ashtray iphone holder

was toying around and put this together today, pretty happy with it. hoping it'll keep me hands free. working on adding a lightning connector next.

'89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
    '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
    '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Nice! I was just talking about this the other day with a friend. What material is the blue stuff?

Comment

Thanks! It's a plastic, very rigid. PLA, 3D print. When I get the power connector figured out I'll print it in black... or maybe something more flamboyant even.

Comment

Nice! Thinking about producing any?
        89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
        I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
          Nice! Thinking about producing any?
          If there's interest I'd be happy to.

Comment

here it is installed. it's not super ergonomic to reach the home button, but you can hit it with your fingernail. I wanted it to be low enough that i could still close the ashtray to hide it, so the home button is kind of obstructed by the ashtray.

Comment

Sweet. I could definitely go for a black one :) I'd stick it down in the groupbuy section and see if there's any interest!
              89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
              I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

cool. I'm going to work on getting the lightning cable to work first. I expect some difficulty keeping it in position since I can't mold it in place, it has to be inserted after it's printed. I ran it in the car today, it's pretty stable, maybe needs a little double-stick tape to hold it in the ashtray, but nothing too permanent since this is so specific to the phone - it won't work after you upgrade ;) nothing like planned obsolescence.

turns out reaching the home button is actually not so hard as i thought, your hand naturally hits the right angle when avoiding the shifter.

if i get sidetracked, PM me and i'll print you one of these (no power) in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                X