E30 dash removal/installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 dash removal/installation

I posted this in the DIY section and realized that was probably a mistake. But, I was wondering if anyone in these forums lives in the NOVA area and has the experience to remove and install a new dash. I feel like I would be overwhelmed if I tried it myself and I really don't want to take it to a shop.

Any takers!?

Where are you located? I'm in Alexandria

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
    '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
      Where are you located? I'm in Alexandria

I'm super close. In Springfield. Right off Rolling rd and Old Keene Mill.

Comment

Tackle it, patience is key but it can be done! There was a tutorial on here at one point and printed it out and did it that way.
        Continuous For Sale Thread
        323i s50

Comment

yeah, you can do it - take pics as you go, put hardware in zip lock baggies and label with step # etc. Took me a couple days going slowly, using the detailed diy pictorial. Then a friend of mine did his in 2 hours, hahaha

Comment

Courtesy of http://www.billswebspace.com/BMWE30DashboardSwap.htm or maybe http://home.comcast.net/~cdeegan9/dashboard/dashboard_1.html not to sure. As always if you have any suggestions for other well put together DIY email me at rytis@rtsauto.com 1. Important: Before beginning, disconnect the battery negative cable. Take time to label all the wires, connectors, small parts while removing. 2. Start at the driver's side by removing the steering

Take pics as you remove and unplug items. Tag wires with tape an organize screws with the parts that you removed them from. Don't forget to swap VINs and take your time.

Also compare your dashes after you remove your old one. Apparently non airbag and airbag cars have different mounts on the edges, at least mine did. I had to dremel my new dashes mounts to match my old dash.
            Last edited by Mike36; 05-31-2018, 10:47 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Went over ramulus place, removed and installed new dash in about 3hrs.

'91 318i (Alpine) - daily
              '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                http://www.rtsauto.com/45/

Take pics as you remove and unplug items. Tag wires with tape an organize screws with the parts that you removed them from. Don't forget to swap VINs and take your time.

Also compare your dashes after you remove your old one. Apparently non airbag and airbag cars have different mounts on the edges, at least mine did. I had to dremel my new dashes mounts to match my old dash.

Thanks for the link. I am going to need that info soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m 15 years old and my e30 is the first and only car i’ve ever worked on. I did it myself and it really wasn’t hard at all, just tedious. The only thing i needed help with was putting the new dash in, you have to angle it perfectly to get it to go over the steering column. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X