Let's centralize custom interiors

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 323i E30
    replied
    Originally posted by slum dog
    Yeah tourings came with hard headliners, sunroof models have like a inner foam thing. My cars have already been modified with hard headliners, will try and get a picture up soon
    what light unit you using more info on that please.
    BTW thanks for sharing.
    I used this light unit: https://secure.oddity.nl/webshop/?id=10117
    The fibers were all three meters of length, and consisted of three sets of 24x0.5+20x0.75+10x1.0mm width.
    Sure, no problem!

    Leave a comment:


  • Paul-Z
    replied
    Originally posted by slum dog
    Yeah tourings came with hard headliners, sunroof models have like a inner foam thing. My cars have already been modified with hard headliners, will try and get a picture up soon
    what light unit you using more info on that please.
    BTW thanks for sharing.
    Cool yeah if you can post pics that would be great thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • slum dog
    replied
    Originally posted by 323i E30
    It’s a standard headliner panel for an ‘88 touring.
    The separate piece for the visors is the luxury stuff, which I don’t think ever was fitted on the tourings from factory. Not 100% sure about that.
    Yeah tourings came with hard headliners, sunroof models have like a inner foam thing. My cars have already been modified with hard headliners, will try and get a picture up soon
    what light unit you using more info on that please.
    BTW thanks for sharing.

    Leave a comment:


  • 323i E30
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul-Z
    What headliner panel is that? I only have a floating liner with a seperate piece in the front for the visors etc. I want to replace the liner but with one panel like you have looks like it would be much easier.
    It’s a standard headliner panel for an ‘88 touring.
    The separate piece for the visors is the luxury stuff, which I don’t think ever was fitted on the tourings from factory. Not 100% sure about that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Paul-Z
    replied
    Originally posted by 323i E30
    Very good looking other interiors in this thread btw. Awesome.
    What headliner panel is that? I only have a floating liner with a seperate piece in the front for the visors etc. I want to replace the liner but with one panel like you have looks like it would be much easier.

    Leave a comment:


  • 323i E30
    replied
    Very good looking other interiors in this thread btw. Awesome.

    Leave a comment:


  • 323i E30
    replied
    Originally posted by slum dog
    It even twickles!!!!!!!
    I think this is cool, how would I go about doing something like this? Got a link for reference thanks
    :) Yep!
    I've made this short write-up before om another forum. Here it is:

    Before.


    Headliner out, scraping off the old glue.


    Divided in smaller squares in order to divide the number of lights more evenly over the whole headliner.
    Then marked & drilled.


    New fabric on the underside of the headliner.
    It looks grey on the picture, but it is pitch black in reality.


    The lighting unit.


    Everything in place, fixed with a drip of glue.


    The underside of it. Fibers still to be cut.


    Then I've put the lighting unit in the trunk, with the fibers leading to it through the C-pillar.
    NB. It's a touring, which makes the whole job much easier.

    Leave a comment:


  • slum dog
    replied
    Originally posted by 323i E30
    Edit: looks like I suck at inserting a video, so here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53QT0PZ0NQg
    It even twickles!!!!!!!
    I think this is cool, how would I go about doing something like this? Got a link for reference thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Nuked_114
    replied
    My interior mods are nowhere near the level of the above but I am busy installing some gauges in my radio spot and I put some e36 Leather seats in my e30.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied


    46 pages worth, although many pics are now missing.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	aaaaa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	7197698

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied
    I'm pretty sure there is an interior thread somewhere where people post tons of pictures of just their interiors. Stock or custom, doesn't matter.

    Leave a comment:


  • 88BlackS-ETA
    replied
    Squared off the bolsters of sport seats. Also German tri-stitching on a sport steering wheel. Red needles in the gauge cluster. Cup holder in the front of the center console, also a volt meter above the radio.





    Leave a comment:


  • ButtJuice
    replied
    That’s sick^!

    Leave a comment:


  • 323i E30
    replied
    I made a twinkling starlight headliner in my touring last year for my kids to enjoy from the backseat. At least, that's the official statement
    The old headliner was coming down so I had to do something, and I figured I might as well make it something interesting while we're in there.
    When the lights are off, you won't notice them at all.





    Short video below of what it looks like at night.
    Don't let the lights at 0:19 - 0:23 confuse you btw, as those are the Christmas lights on my neighbour's carport.

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=53QT0PZ0NQg">www.youtube.com/watch?v=53QT0PZ0NQg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
    Edit: looks like I suck at inserting a video, so here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53QT0PZ0NQg
    Last edited by 323i E30; 09-03-2018, 12:59 PM. Reason: Adding YT link

    Leave a comment:


  • Max S
    replied
    To start this off I decided to put a few photos in here.
    I don't have my E30 yet, so those are from the "mood board" that I'm using for inspiration:

    Those are BMW Performance Seats, which are nothing but re-upholstered Recaro Sporsters.


    What I believe to be an M-Tech wheel, modified with flat bottom


    Full wood trim package (plus a Nardi wheel). I wonder if anyone has ever replaced them with another material (carbon, or alloy, or something painted).


    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...