Convertible rear seat options???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convertible rear seat options???

Ok, my convertible rear seat looks bad, just like everyone elses. Finding a good used e30 vert rear seat is tough, has anyone sucessfully adapted a seat from another model into the e30 vert? Like a e36 vert rear seat? Take alook at the pic, they are narrow, they might fit, let me know what you all have done.

thanks

All Your Base Is Belongs To Us

I'm not sure what seats will fit your vert ......but that guy in your sig is digging for gold . :D

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

What's wrong with your seat? If it's torn up or in bad shape, I'd just get it reupholstered, because trying to fit a new rear seat in is going to be more expensive. There aren't any seats that I know of that will fit--E36s are too wide from what I remember.
      1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

My seat has the stitching coming apart pretty bad on the top like most of them. I called Wold Upholstry and they want $425 for a rear cover, I can get a whole e36 rear seat for under $100. Anyother places you know that makes covers?
        All Your Base Is Belongs To Us

Comment

Originally posted by JeffNJM3 View Post
          My seat has the stitching coming apart pretty bad on the top like most of them. I called Wold Upholstry and they want $425 for a rear cover, I can get a whole e36 rear seat for under $100. Anyother places you know that makes covers?
          Sweet baby Jesus! I got my whole interior redone for $900, although I did it in vinyl. I know there are a few places that sell pieces to redo the leather, but you'd still want an upholstery shop to put it in. Creative Options (there's another post around about them) sells upholstery kits, and there's also GAHH, but they're expensive.

I'd check around more upholstery shops in your area. I'm sure you can get a better quote than that. Restitching the top of the rear seat is a common problem and not that hard to do--there was a member over at Unofficial BMW that had it done for around...$200-$250 for labor and materials if I remember correctly, and he used leather.
          1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

Working...
          X