anybody tricked out their check panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody tricked out their check panel?

so, i've been looking at my overhead check panel for a while and when i first got the car i was like "well, that's pretty f-ing clever." now, after i've thought about it a while, it seems to me like it will be more of a headache to deal with, plus having those damn lights on all the time. has anybody pulled theirs out and done something else with the space?

nah, though i have wondered if something could go in there.

Comment

5" LCD screen of showing an image broadcast by a lipstick camera right in front of the oil pan! Helps with missing curbs.
      '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JDMpower View Post
        5" LCD screen of showing an image broadcast by a lipstick camera right in front of the oil pan! Helps with missing curbs.

oooohhh :) good insurance. i had my first scare the other day out on the interstate ~85 following a college chick in a acura. some post had fallen off a truck and was sitting lengthwise in the lane. didn't have time to react, pucker factor went off the scale..

Comment

Originally posted by JDMpower View Post
          thats a phenomenal idea.
          :woowoo:

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerBall View Post
            having those damn lights on all the time.
            Ummm, fix what is broken on the car, and the lights won't be on?!?!?
            Below the radar...

Comment

How about making a mount to house a couple of gauges?
              Oil pressure and temp maybe?

94 316i Touring M52B28
              Made in Germany perfected in Britain!

Comment

I would think that gauges would be a bit too deep to go up there.
                Slicktop City!

Comment

Mine's in Deutsch. That's trick enough for me.

Although I do have to find out why that Bremslicht is out. :???:

Comment

brake light?
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                      brake light?
                      Yeah. I speak German, just trying to figure out why the hell it doesn't work.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it's actually the taillamp that's bad, when the brakes are off when the headlights are on. "Rücklicht".

Just another electrical gremlin to track now. Oh yeah, need a new "Kuhlwasser" sensor.

Comment

I once saw a digital boost guage, along with Air fuel ratio, and another up there. Looked good, since it was digital.

Comment

I once saw a guy mount his V1 there. Wasn't a good job, just removed the panel and shoved the V1 in the hole.
                          --Will

Comment

Mine is in Italian.

It lets me know I need to install the new level sender for Olio Motore.
                            Current Cars
                            2014 M235i
                            2009 R56 Cooper S
                            1998 M3
                            1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN View Post
                              Mine is in Italian.

It lets me know I need to install the new level sender for Olio Motore.
                              I have one too honestly never had seen one prior to getting it.

Comment

Working...
                              X