Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick e30 sport seat question.. cabrio.. coupe..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick e30 sport seat question.. cabrio.. coupe..

Hey guys,
    just a quick question, what's the difference between sport seats in a cabrio or a coupe hardtop? I found some on ebay for sale.. http://cgi.ebay.de/BMW-Leder-Sportsi...ayphotohosting unsure.. if they will fit/work in my 325iS coupe..

thanks alot..
    Jono

I know the cabrio and the M3 have the stitching horizontally instead of vertical. They should be the same other than that.
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Those seats are found in M3's and in Cabbies.

As stated above, they have the horizontal stitching.

They should fit coupe's as well.

Originally posted by intense_jono View Post
      Hey guys,
      just a quick question, what's the difference between sport seats in a cabrio or a coupe hardtop? I found some on ebay for sale.. http://cgi.ebay.de/BMW-Leder-Sportsi...ayphotohosting unsure.. if they will fit/work in my 325iS coupe..

thanks alot..
      Jono
      Last edited by E30 Cabrio; 03-10-2007, 12:26 AM.
      sigpic
      1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
      Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
      Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Fitment is identicle. Some cabbies came with heated ones too. No fitment issues, any e30 front seat will fit in another. 4 door fronts in a 2 door are a bad idea though cus they dont pull forward to gain backseat access. Rear seats are a dif story, cab rears only fit cabs. 2 door and 4 door upper rears are the same but a little different on the bottom, it still works, just diff corners. M3 rears have seat belt issues in non M's.

Anyhoo, those will work :)
        sigpic

Comment

I think the vert seats don't recline as much. They stop before the seat hits the rear side panel. I just installed heated seats (from a coupe) and they make a huge difference when the top is down. Good luck

Comment

My Cabbie came with heated seats, although the element on the lower driver side is out. I have another element, but need to figure out how to install.

And yes, those are good points about the rear cabbie seats not fitting other cars, and cabbie fronts only reclining part way due to the narrower rear seating area which would also prevent the cabbie seats from fully reclining.

Either way, the front seats will fit.

Originally posted by iCleaks View Post
            I think the vert seats don't recline as much. They stop before the seat hits the rear side panel. I just installed heated seats (from a coupe) and they make a huge difference when the top is down. Good luck
            sigpic
            1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
            Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
            Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

awesome thanks alot guys!! I'm as keen as mustard now :p

however.. i was planning on putting some m3 seats into the back of my 325is coupe.. is there gonna be some mad problem or something?? I was also planning on getting the red seat belts.. would that solve the whole "seat bolt problem" ???

cheers.

Comment

The m3 rear is designed for only 2 passengers. Hence the seat belt keepers are right dead center of the seat. The m3's anchor point for these female buckles is also smack dead center. Standard e30's have two anchor points on the left and one on the right for the 3 seat belts. standard e30 buckles wont reach to the keeper, and m3 buckles would be offset if installed (aka red evo belts) The only true way so solve this minor pita is to cut and weld in an m3 anchor point dead center, and use that. stock belts work fine, you just cant clip them into the tidy little keepers in the seatback.
                sigpic

Comment

i swear this topic has been beaten to death, and then some.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                  On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                  BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Working...
                  X