Tint thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tint thread.

First off, i'll just say dark tint doesn't look very right on E30s.

That said, i like the look 35% tint, with is between real light 50 and real dark 20%. Ted has ~30%, if you seen his car.....who hasn't.

A new thing i've noticed is to only tint the rear side windows and the back windshield. It leaves the car looking cleaner. I'm thinking as I go for Tint this spring/summer i might just get the rear half done. What you guys think?

A grey, half-tinted E30. I think it looks clean, tint-wise....

Also, daily318is had tint on his rear windows, and not his driver/passenger and looked good.

- - Wingnut

IMO when a car is tinted half and half with different percent tint in the front and back windows it looks half-ass. If you are going to tint your car, stick with the same percent on all the windows.

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

I tinted back half and windshield, check out pics!
      I used 20% because it's the only kind I could get in static and I wasn't ready to commit to getting it all tinted, basically a time problem this summer.

Comment

I agree, half tint looks dumb.

I have 35% all around.

Comment

On my 88is, the backhalf and rear windshield are tinted, but not the front. The guy I bought my car from still had the window sticker with every option listed and "tinted windows" was one of them, which leads me to believe the back half of the car came tinted stock.
          Kris

Comment

i dont like non-tinted fronts and tinted rears...but i dont mind a little difference....i have 35% fronts and 20% rears and it blends nice. my friends 4dr r34 skyline has 5% all round, but it looks stupid. too OTT!
            sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

half ting looks very ugly, but in some states it is illegal to have front tints more then 35 % while the rear you can have 0%

in germany it is illegal to have tints on front windows so the cars there with tints look very goofy :roll:

Comment

@andre nice sig man
                sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

Glare kinda wrecks it, but 35% all around... staggered is just so ghey

Comment

I have darker tint in back then in the front, but thats what came with the car when I bought it. In Illinois it is illegal to have front tint. I have gotten a warning for it.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

Originally posted by Streetspec_iS
                      @andre nice sig man
                      I agree, that is a BADASS motion shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Streetspec_iS
                        @andre nice sig man
                        thanks guys, my friend took that shot last week, with my centre caps off, so it looks a bit wird ;)

Comment

I'd vote for the same shade all around. I just retinted my car at 35% all around and it looks a lot better than before, when I had the back windows dark and the front windows light.

HTH,

Comment

Thumbs up to same-percent all around. That's the only way I'd do it.

Comment

alright, alright, you guys win! i saw a few E30s that looked good with half tinted cars.......who knows why i did.

But i definately want to have tint like Ted. Nearly perfect for a red. One of my buddies as a Red E30 and 20%, purpling no less, and looks ghetto IMO. I also need to hook the guy up with some basketweaves, to replace his 'caps.....anyway.

Here's a shot of Ted's tint, which is a really good color and darkness:

Comment

Working...
                              X