carpet removal shortcut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carpet removal shortcut

So has anyone attempted to cut the carpet in the middle of the car where its covered by by the consol and then remove the two pieces out the door? I think it may be possible taking them out the rear doors.

Has anyone tried this? I Think it would look normal once everything is back in with the consoles and all or would the carpet feel sloppy since the two ends wont be connected in the middle?

This is just an idea I had.
    Let me know what you think about it

Thanks
    Jon
    Last edited by Schniddy; 04-25-2007, 08:10 AM.

That's how I did it, cut around the heater box and really tight up around the glove box.
    Originally posted by 325Projectz
    don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
    :nice:

Comment

Thats how i did it also, just remove everything aka consoles,seats you know what i mean, and cut it, most of the carpet in the front gets covered by the consoles anyway so it doesnt look bad, im putting it back in today, it was tan and now its black, ill take some pics for you.
      sigpic

Comment

Why not cut it into three pieces; the tunnel and each side. Cut it where the tunnel meets the floor. A lot of cars are like this. Then you just have a seam on each side by the floor.

Then again, the seam would be more noticeable and not look very good since it wouldn't be a finished edge.

Comment

its pretty easy to take out without cutting it at all, just around the heater core.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post

Then again, the seam would be more noticeable and not look very good since it wouldn't be a finished edge.
            yup thats what I was thinking too.

thanks for the input.
            I'll be taking the carpet out soon to to a total rust inspection.:)

Comment

just cut it around the heater core....it beats not cutting it at all, and it comes out within 20 minutes, pretty simple.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
              PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
                just cut it around the heater core....it beats not cutting it at all, and it comes out within 20 minutes, pretty simple.
                that would involve taking out the rear window. I'm trying to take a shortcut here.

Comment

wtf? no it wouldnt

i got my carpet out without cutting it at all

Comment

why would you have to take out the rear window??? i dont know about you but my heater core is in the front in the dash.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Schneider325 View Post
                      that would involve taking out the rear window. I'm trying to take a shortcut here.
                      You are aware you can fold it after getting it free, and then it comes out a door opening in the body - right?

You just slit the little part up front, pull back, fold it in the middle, and you're done.

Joe shipped me a carpet that was removed this very way, and I was fine with cutting for the core - you never see it.

Are you confusing headliner removal with carpet for the need to pop free either main glass? -That's the only thing that makes sense for glass removal.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
                        Are you confusing headliner removal with carpet for the need to pop free either main glass? -That's the only thing that makes sense for glass removal.
                        Yes I am!

there is no point to this thread now. Cut around the heater core, fold the two sides over and remove. :)

Comment

Working...
                        X