M Shift knob? Does it fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M Shift knob? Does it fit?

Does anyone have this shift knob on their (non-M) e30? I'm wondering if this will fit correctly on my 87 325is.

If anyone has it, is it heavier at all or does it feel just as light as the stock, round one?

I have one in mine but mine lights up. It feels about the same weight as the one that came with the car.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

to my knowledge all bmw shift knobs fit all bmws
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

The only difference between that and a "regular" knob is the M emblem.

It will fit. I have one in my cabby that I bought from that vendor.
        sigpic
        1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
        Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
        Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
          The only difference between that and a "regular" knob is the M emblem.

It will fit. I have one in my cabby that I bought from that vendor.
          actually the early models came with the stupid knob that looks like a screw or nail or whatever.

And yes all BMW knobs, fit all BMW's to my knowledge at least.

i would find a leather one if i was you though, it feels so much smoother

Comment

Pretty much all BMW knobs are interchangable within the last 25 years or so, but those ones on ebay are fine, they are just regular knobs. If you want a good knob look for a weighted shift knob...aided with a SSK, your shifting cant feel better than that.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X