Interior name of fabric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior name of fabric?

Was surfing on e30tech and came across this interior, What is the name of it? I would imagine it's not cheap correct?

Can this be ordered?

Any more pics of that car?
    Aaron

Comment

No clue I borrowed it from e30tech.

Comment

looks like an aftermarket fabric and not oem at all. at least I have never seen it before at all

Comment

looks like jersey
          R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

I see that same stuff in bulk every time I go to the upholstery supply store..about the same 15 colors they have had since 1985, same patterns too.

Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

To me it just looks like perforated leather or vinyl with large perforations .

That pic is in Greg's photobucket account , maybe try pm'ing him on e30tech .
              Appears to be a pic taken in the UK but he might know more about that vert .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

bubble leather. expensive option on the uk motorsport convertibles

The Motorsport edition Convertible seems to be one of the most regularly copied E30 special editions. Be assured that the one pictured here is the genuine item!
                Part of the problem is that few people fully understand the spec, the other is that there were actually three versions between 1989 and 1991. I don't have all the facts at the moment so please bear with me, however the research is ongoing and I will update this page as facts appear. This particular car is from the 1990 batch of 250 all of which had the small rear light clusters, larger lights only appearing on 1991 model year convertibles together with plastic bumpers. However a very interesting fact has appeared whilst this car has been stripped down. All regular E30 convertibles produced at this point would have had the early type lower front panel and rectangular foglamps. Although it is obvious that the Motorsport car has the later foglamps I had always imagined that a special bracket arrangement was used to support them behind the spoiler. This is not the case, a proper 1991 type front panel is used making the bodyshell unique to this run of 250 cars, i.e early rear panel / late front panel.

Specification: Macau Blue with Blue hood and silver leather or Sebring Grey with Black hood and black leather.

M-Tech2 bodykit but no rear spoiler.

M-Tech suspension.

M-Tech2 Steering wheel.

M-Tech Leather Gearknob / Gaitor.

Motorsport woven leather / tricolor cloth seat centre panels (bubble leather).

Full leather door trim and rear side panel trim.

Leather trimmed centre console and handbrake lever / gaitor.

7x15'' BBS Alloy roadwheels with Nogaro silver painted centres.

M-Technic logo sill plates.

Inside of bootlid lined in light grey vinyl.

For anyone who is wondering what the odd looking item is ahead of the drivers side door lock allow me to explain. Pre 1992 model year convertibles have what BMW refer to as a thiefproofing system. The slot in the door takes a primitive coded magnetic key which sets the alarm system. A small red light below the number plate illuminates when the alarm is armed.

Later cars switched to an alarm operated from the keyfob which also locked / unlocked the doors. Everyone said weld up the hole and delete it as you are painting the car but that would have made it less original!

The superb 1990 Motorsport editon which I restored in 2004 is back with us again. The car has covered only 1500 miles since sold and is as good as when it left us in October 2004.
                I really went to town on this one, the total cost of the project was over £5000 and that didn't include any of the time I spent on it myself (I dread to think how many hours it took!). The base car was nearly £5000 and was quite a nice example, however as I said at the time I wanted to create something really special, looking back I think I did.

This is a rare opportunity to aquire one of these cars in show condition, there are other nice ones out there but I doubt anyone else has gone this far to get the car looking as new and original. There is a full service history including plenty of receipts. The hood was replaced just prior to sale as well as most of the hood electrics and motor.

Please give me a call for full details, preferably early evening so I can devote some time to describing the car fully.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

I like but imagine it would be pretty pricey.

Comment

Bubble Cloth, very rare.

Not to jack your thread but anyone know what kind of cloth this is?

I can't find much info on fabric options. It came on my m-technic, though I bought used so it may be aftermarket, but it does appear to feature subtle hints of the m colors.
                    Last edited by jusdrake1; 08-24-2007, 07:10 PM.

Comment

why... why would anyone reupholstering anything go the route of mimicking oem... have some creativity and do something bold.

well, I guess if you lack creativity...

Comment

^ not every1 is into BLING BLING! some of us just want a nice new OEM looking interior.
                        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

being creative

being creative doesnt = bling bling.

I dont know how you made that connection.

Its a simply a matter of color and fabric, not going like orange looking seats or nothing, but why search to match the oem inside seat pattern and color, when you can just find the pattern and color that most appeals to you?

Comment

I still think it may be oem, just have not been able to find any info. It does look very good btw. I am going to get some closer pics to show later this weekend.

Comment

I would say its OEM. my seats are OEM and there the same thing almost, except I have a plaid pattern instead on mine and don't have leather head rests
                              http://www.steinbachphoto.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X