Those interior lights in the headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those interior lights in the headliner

Both mine don't work. I have 2 new ones. They "mounts" seem to have broken.

How do I fix this?

Did they both go out at the same time? if not, maybe the the door switches?
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

No I turned the 2nd off. The housing is definitely broken on the driver side.

My problem is I think the mount is broken. They both are just held up by the headliner. How do I "mount" them?

Comment

Did you get an answer to this? There is a plastic plate that serves as the mount for the headliner lights, you should be able to just peel back the headliner and replace this plate, then reglue the headliner in position.

Not the best picture of it, but you can see the mount here:

John in MD - 1991 318is
        190k miles and still rolling!

Comment

Replace the bulbs in the lights with LED's. Over the winter, I'm going to replace pretty much every bulb in the car that isn't a headlight or taillight with an LED.

Comment

cheap plastic holders? Damnit mine are obviously broken :(

How do I replace them? Drop the headliner? Lucky me... Can you explain more about peel back the headliner?

Comment

The headliner is glued in place, underneath the door seal among other places. You'll have to pull the door seal off, then peel the headliner back to get to those plastic plates that hold the lights in place. Then, a shot of 3M Super Adhesive or the equivalent trim glue, and put the headliner back.
              John in MD - 1991 318is
              190k miles and still rolling!

Comment

I'll give it a shot. Now to try and find those stupid things in real oem

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                  Replace the bulbs in the lights with LED's. Over the winter, I'm going to replace pretty much every bulb in the car that isn't a headlight or taillight with an LED.
                  are these gonna be brighter? I checked out superbrightleds.com but was kinda skeptical about the lumen output you can gain. I'll look forward to your results.
                  Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                  http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I just want to fix :)

Comment

I'm in the same boat, my passenger side light is hangin by the headliner. Where the hell can you get these plastic holders?
                      sigpic

Comment

Mine are both also screwed. Probably going to hit up a junkyard for these.

Slightly OT, but my drivers' side switch doesn't trip the lights. I replaced the switch and still no light. Where else could the problem be?

'88 325is
                        VP UT of Austin Autoholics
                        BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                          Where can I get these and how do they look?

Comment

bavauto.com, anyone who sells LED's.
                            They look like bright lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan325iC View Post
                              Slightly OT, but my drivers' side switch doesn't trip the lights. I replaced the switch and still no light. Where else could the problem be?
                              Central locking work?
                              -Dave
                              2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Working...
                              X