Home made cup holder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home made cup holder.

I seen one for sale and thought i could make one myself. And so i did. I had all of the stuff to make it but the plastic coating dip. So all i have in it is $10. And that was for the plastic dip that i could use on other things anyway. I used a piece of sheet metal, metal gas line, and the plastic dip. The drink stay's in place even on a twisty back road and is out of the way of the shifter. And if i don't like it. All i have to do is unscrew it and you'd never knew it was there. If you want to see what the original one looked like, it's in the for sale thread. I didn't want to crap on his thread so i just made my own about the one i made.

The shifter is in 5th

Last edited by JasonC; 11-19-2007, 03:53 PM.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Dude, I have an actual one that came with my car when I bought it...its an interesting piece...who makes it?
    Reminiscing...

Comment

I'm not to for sure who makes it? The guy who has the one for sale doen't state who made it either. It's a very simple design. That's why i said, screw it i'll make my own.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

BMP and bavauto both sell the one the OP in fs posted. Bavauto wants like $25 for it IIRC. Nice work Jason!
        Continuous For Sale Thread
        323i s50

Comment

looks cool.

Comment

Jason, great job. First one I have seen that is better than mine!
            Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Make me one for free.

kthaxbye

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
              No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

I'm going to make one more. And it will be for my dad's e28. I just got to figure out where to mount it. Cause it's easy enuff to bend one to the shape you want.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                  I'm going to make one more. And it will be for my dad's e28. I just got to figure out where to mount it. Cause it's easy enuff to bend one to the shape you want.
                  hahaha, e28 is alittle harder. let me know what you come up with
                  NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Originally posted by BDSax View Post
                    hahaha, e28 is alittle harder. let me know what you come up with
                    Here ya go. :p

It's not as solid as the one in the e30 cause of the place i attached it to in the e28 has some flex to it. But it's only a pop can and is better then the plasic holders out there. And it looks like both cars need a good cleaning!

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

i tried to buy a cupholder that went in front of the ash tray like backtrail69's eta but the guy that made them couldent get the supplies to make them anymore. is he on r3v? does anyone here have one?
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                        i tried to buy a cupholder that went in front of the ash tray like backtrail69's eta but the guy that made them couldent get the supplies to make them anymore. is he on r3v? does anyone here have one?
                        I have one that replaces my ashtray. Fits like a glove and texture perfectly matches the interior. Looks a little cumbersome at first but I got used to it. And having a cup holder sure is nice.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dougsic View Post
                          I have one that replaces my ashtray. Fits like a glove and texture perfectly matches the interior. Looks a little cumbersome at first but I got used to it. And having a cup holder sure is nice.
                          yup thats the one. do you know who used to sell them? i cant find his website anymore
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Nice job! I want one!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                              yup thats the one. do you know who used to sell them? i cant find his website anymore
                              I would like to know too

Comment

Working...
                              X