Coolant smell with heat on 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant smell with heat on 1

Driving my car, when I put the fan on level 1 and the heat all the way up, I get a faint smell of coolant. But when I put it on 2 or 3 or 4 it goes away. Is this normal?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

might be your heater core on its way out
    Originally posted by ebelements
    Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Your car is 19 years old, it just needs a new core & pipes.

All e30's need a new core & pipes.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Comment

Heater core is a bitch of a job! I had to do one in a Chevy Beretta, never again.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettM View Post
            Heater core is a bitch of a job! I had to do one in a Chevy Beretta, never again.
            Every car is different. I replaced one in my 73 Cuda. It was a breeze. Did pretty much the same job in my 78 Land Cruiser, also very easy.

But yeah, I hear the e30 heater core is a pain.

Comment

I've got the same smell going on. Lucky for me I've got the dashboard and interior out to remedy some other issues, so I've ordered one and will be replacing it while its kind of out in the open.

Comment

Working...
              X