Quote for interior work for my 325iC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote for interior work for my 325iC

So I went to a local upholstery shop here in Binghamton, NY to get my convertible interior reupholstered. Let me know what you think about the work for the price he's offering.

1.Front and rear sport seats re-upholstered in Tan leather complete rebuild AND 4 headrests for $1495 complete.

2.Shampoo carpets/stain removing is $125

3. Re-leather my M-tech II steering wheel (hand stitched) for $225

Let me know what you guys think
    Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
    So I went to a local upholstery shop here in Binghamton, NY to get my convertible interior reupholstered. Let me know what you think about the work for the price he's offering.

1.Front and rear sport seats re-upholstered in Tan leather complete rebuild AND 4 headrests for $1495 complete.

2.Shampoo carpets/stain removing is $125

3. Re-leather my M-tech II steering wheel (hand stitched) for $225

Let me know what you guys think
    That is a good price if his work is good. Find out what kind of leather he is using. Also make sure he is making the kit and not buying one from leatherseats.com. You can tell which is their kit as they sew panels together then sew the horizontal seams for their center sections.
    Kevin

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
    Your DIY upholstery source
    e30tech forum sponsor
    E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
    kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

Frank,

That is a great price if his work is good.

I paid almost that much just for my leather from World Upholstery (worldup.com).

+ It came with leather for the back of the front seats.
      + The headrests lacked the piping found on my '93. I called them about it, sent them my headrests and they recovered them correctly.
      + The color match is exact - natur.

- I figured I would try to install the leather myself. Big mistake. Looked like crap.
      - Took it to an upholstery shop. They showed me the leather wasn't cut accurately. It was way too big! I never would have been able to make it fit.
      - They wouldn't install the seatback leather. Insisted I wouldn't be happy with the results (probably right).

- And finally, not only did they have the car for two months, the price to install the World Upholstery kit that I supplied, was nearly $2,000.00 in labor!

At least they did a wonderful job and little can compare to the supple feeling of new leather.

So in my opinion, you're getting a fantastic price!

Keep us posted.

Doug

Comment

PICTS??

Originally posted by dougsic View Post
        Frank,

I paid almost that much just for my leather from World Upholstery (worldup.com).

+ The headrests lacked the piping found on my '93. I called them about it, sent them my headrests and they recovered them correctly.

- I figured I would try to install the leather myself. Big mistake. Looked like crap.
        - Took it to an upholstery shop. They showed me the leather wasn't cut accurately. It was way too big! I never would have been able to make it fit.
        - They wouldn't install the seatback leather. Insisted I wouldn't be happy with the results (probably right).

- And finally, not only did they have the car for two months, the price to install the World Upholstery kit that I supplied, was nearly $2,000.00 in labor!

At least they did a wonderful job and little can compare to the supple feeling of new leather.

Keep us posted.

Doug
        89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
        E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Frank,

Keep us posted.

Doug
          And that right there is why I bought a machine and did my own personal interiors. It just turned into a business after the fact............... : ^ )
          Kevin

e30tech forum sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
            PICTS??
            Here you go:

Frank,

If you go for it, take some before and after pictures. I wish I had.

Doug

Comment

Here you go:

Frank,

If you go for it, take some before and after pictures. I wish I had.

Doug
              Amazing. Sometimes you see recover jobs and the seats end up looking like bloated pigs...yours looks just perfect!
              89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
              E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
                Amazing. Sometimes you see recover jobs and the seats end up looking like bloated pigs...yours looks just perfect!
                alot of times, you stuff new foam in there to boost it cause the shrinkage in the stock foam. It would look more bloated than usual at first, but it will sit in after a month or so. Just a fyi, ofcourse it depends what kind of foam is used as well.

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
                  alot of times, you stuff new foam in there to boost it cause the shrinkage in the stock foam. It would look more bloated than usual at first, but it will sit in after a month or so. Just a fyi, ofcourse it depends what kind of foam is used as well.
                  I disagree with that comment. A number of upholsters use foam to make up for the allowances they made when they sewed the upholstery. You should never have to add padding unless the foam itself is worn out, even then all you do is patch the foam and make it smooth and install.
                  Kevin

e30tech forum sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by Tricked 323i View Post
                    I disagree with that comment. A number of upholsters use foam to make up for the allowances they made when they sewed the upholstery. You should never have to add padding unless the foam itself is worn out, even then all you do is patch the foam and make it smooth and install.
                    Kevin
                    you are right. I'm sorry, I screwed up, I dont know what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
                      you are right. I'm sorry, I screwed up, I dont know what I was thinking.
                      All I was saying is I do not agree. Everyone has their own way of doing things.
                      Kevin

e30tech forum sponsor

Comment

Working...
                      X