The steering wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davem View Post
    So I no longer want to rock an OEM wheel. Where can I get cheap reps and hubs that will work? I don't want to spend the dosh on a Nardi/Momo, so expensive!
    Shameless plug
    What size wheel are you looking for? I can probably hook you up with a genuine Momo here in Japan. If anyone else is looking PM me with details.
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
      Shameless plug
      What size wheel are you looking for? I can probably hook you up with a genuine Momo here in Japan. If anyone else is looking PM me with details.
      lol see the post right after the one you quoted, it was posted by me, showing a picture of my new steering wheel lol... I'm also waiting for my new mtech2... I'm gonna keep whichever one I like more and probably sell the other.

Comment

my nardi wheel

Here is my latest acquisition going into my cabrio. I just found out this isn't a nardi wheel but what bmw calls the "bmw wood line" wheel. so it is authentic bmw part.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ceeker; 10-16-2011, 06:07 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

does anyone know what adapter is needed to fit a 5 bolt Dino wheel?

Comment

i was browsing eBay for wheels and found a lot of the usual ones that I and everyone else seems to like (various wooden nardis, momo retro, momo prototipo, chrome spoke pearl JDM style wheels) but they were quite common and i wanted something a bit different. Came across this 'Momo F1'. Not sure what model it is, looks similar/same era as Momo F1 Volante but obviously its not that...what pushed me over the edge for it was the oddness of it haha i think it should suit an e30 too.

It's 350mm so i am really hoping it doesnt block my gauges, anyone care to comment? i thought perhaps a spacer may help push it up to clear if it doesnt initially?

Comment

Anything smaller than 370mm will block the gauges.

Comment

i see. well that is a vast majority of aftermarket wheels so i will just live with it i guess!
                maybe when i get some buckets theyll sit lower than factory seats?

Comment

Originally posted by davem View Post
                  Anything smaller than 370mm will block the gauges.
                  not true, i have a 350mm momo monte carlo. no gauge blockage.

whoring out the new wheel:

and the old one, a small diameter m-tech i:

E46t

Comment

Here's an old pic. Yes, I forgot to fully wipe down the dash ;)

Comment

Here's a pic of my 'tech II with M stitching:

1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                      Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

This is my Raid HP 320mm wheel. Everyone keeps asking me if it's too small, but I love it, and driving any other car with standard sized steering wheels feels like driving a bus to me.
                        It does block the upper portion of the instrument cluster though.

Comment

Just installed a350mm Momo Monte Carlo as well. Doesn't block the instrument panel and feels very nice. It doesn't look too overkill either.

Comment

» PARTS FOR SALE
                            » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Mine. Came with the car when new

Kinda dirty from beeing in the garage and worked on when i took the pic

Comment

Momo Mod07 in suede

view from the driver's seat - no gauge obstruction at all
                                Make the bastard chase you.

Comment

Working...
                                X