No announcement yet.

MkII GTi Recaros in an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm mailing the damaged one I still have off to Kevin at Creative Options, and I'm just going to have him whip a set up for me. I bought something today and tried to make it work as a support, but it didn't really work out, so I'm just going to have someone who knows what they're doing make them for me, and be done with it.

Comment

well, tomarrow or Sunday i am going to pull the driver seat out and put in the steel rods that i picked up at the depot today.
      i will snap some pics and post them.

wait until i do that to send them out. you might be able to copy my stuff and do it yourself
      seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

glad I found this thread. I picked up some recaro's that are now in my e30 and I have never been able to ID their model. They are brand new, but 19 years old. They sat in a family friends basement for 17 years and he never installed them. I've had them in my m3 for two years. They are 100% brand new mint, look awesome in an e30.

The knob on the top of the seat back is a cushion adjuster. The very top of the back cusion tilts out in 3 different positions. Seats are soft, comfy, and just plain baller in my opinion. They are all black with very subtle red stitching, can barely even see it in the pics. I have two of them...that's one of my SRD's sitting next to it in the pic for comparison

Comment

Now that's just not fair. Brand new 20 year old Recaros. That's just plain badass.

Comment

I has Recaros.

Comment

Man this thread has taken over. My Recaro Garage is crying :(

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

thanks but I still don't know what model they are!! I've never seen another set exactly like them.

Like the way those MKII seats went into your e30 above....I always like those seats, very nice for long drives

Comment

OK here is the pics of MY fix it solution to the broken webbing on the bottom of my recaros

test fitting the rods. they were just about 1/4" too long

here it is installed

this is the diameter rod that i used

sorry it's a not the clearest pic

after making the webbing "mesh"
                  cut the rods to length so they span the seat. the front one slips under the seat pan tray. the rear one is held in by hog rings.

it works great and has a little bit of give, just like the stock seat does.
                  Last edited by der affe; 12-07-2008, 09:26 PM.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Damn, that's pretty good! I like it.

Comment

it works great!
                      the first incarnation we used too small of a rod so it just bent under my girth.

thus time it is perfect.

get your bro in law to break out his sewing machine and #63 thread and go to work!

Comment

We shall see. I want to experiment with a few more things, first.

Comment

This thread should be very helpful in the future. Nice work.
                          Matt

sigpic

Comment

So guess what? I'm picking mine up VERY soon...they are going in immediately. Pictures to commence. So stoked.
                            Reminiscing...

Comment

Any interest in making another set of those brackets. I happen to have a 92' GTi as well that has the oem recaros. So i've been thinking about putting them in my e30 forever. If you have any interest, just pm and let me know.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Working...
                                X