No announcement yet.

MkII GTi Recaros in an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our adapters will bolt directly to the slider/floor mount system from E30 seats, and bolt directly to the underside of the Recaros. Simple as that.

Seat height ends up being slightly lower than stock, but that's something we can change if you're a shorter guy. But there's no height adjustability after that.

Comment

Originally posted by cagedbunny View Post

Now the oddball; the non-power grey cloth Recaros. These were found in most '91-'92 16v GTIs, and occasionally, in a 16v GLI as well. They're rare, and completely useless to the E30 crowd, as they use a Recaro upper portion, but a VW base. This means the slider assembly is all part of the lower base, and not removeable, or easily modified to work with anything other than a VW; just like any other regular VW seat.

Note the smaller upper bolsters compared to the power models, as well as the narrow headrests. The lower seat is a completely different shape than full Recaros, with much smaller lower bolsters. Obviously also distinguished by the lack of a power base.

Hope this helps!
      I found some of these on Vortex that I was planning on getting on monday. Is there absolutely no way to fab up a bracket for an E30? Why do these have a giant twisty knob on the side while the others don't? How are these non power, but those of you with GTI ones (supposedly power ("power height adjusting base and seat track")) have manual controls? Any help would be appreciated.

-Zack

Edit: I think i see...You are ditching all of the power stuff and using the E30 sliders. Can't you somehow take the base off the Jetta (above) ones? I'm also gonna try to get some more info from the seller.

Comment

Those pretty much won't go into an E30. All those brackets and stuff you see under them? That's all one part of the base, if I remember correctly. The bases aren't Recaro, it's all VW. Which means they can't be separated.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
          Those pretty much won't go into an E30. All those brackets and stuff you see under them? That's all one part of the base, if I remember correctly. The bases aren't Recaro, it's all VW. Which means they can't be separated.
          Thanks for the info.

Comment

Did I miss your post about your future interior plans? You going to go with that light gray interior or something black/gray contrast? Just curious.
            Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
              Did I miss your post about your future interior plans? You going to go with that light gray interior or something black/gray contrast? Just curious.
              The door panels are black vinyl with cloth grey inserts, they're almost the exact same grey as the Recaros. I need to find a black or grey carpet, and my eventual goal is to get an M3 rear seat and have it reupholstered in the closest match grey fabric I can find to the Recaros. The flash washes out the seat really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                The door panels are black vinyl with cloth grey erts, they're almost the exact same grey as the Recaros. I need to find a black or grey carpet, and my eventual goal is to get an M3 rear seat and have it reupholstered in the closest match grey fabric I can find to the Recaros. The flash washes out the seat really bad.
                You looking for a M3 rear? ///MikeDE has a mint hoodstooth (or whatever it's called) rear, 9.5/10
                Last edited by Jand3rson; 03-08-2009, 11:41 AM.
                Originally posted by Nicademus
                My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

I am looking for one, but I'd really like to find one that's in beat condition, so I'm not taking a good M3 rear seat out of the fold. I'm going to have it reupholstered, so I'd like one that has damage to the covering or something.

Comment

My whip has 2 seats in it again. And it is good.

I would like to fomally go on record saying FUCK SPORT SEATS. FUCK THEM RIGHT IN THE ASS. These are just about the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. These are the seats that E30s should have come with from the beginning. They're more comfortable, they're lighter, and they're just better. I can't wait to drive in them.

Comment

Man that looks so awesome. I just can bring myself to rip them out of my GTi. I'll keep looking for a local set though.

Comment

^^^^ Thats looking GOOD!!!!!1!!!!!11!!!!

What model/year VW did they come out of?

edit-- damn I need to read the title to this thread! lol sorry
                        Last edited by atomic; 03-11-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Mine are in at 92' GTi 8v. Lots of 16v's have them, and you can get the Trophy's in a lot of GLi Jetta's.

Comment

Are you going black carpet as well in the future? And goddamn after seeing your pictures I need to source some new door cards, because I want the ones you have as well.

Any idea if the sliders you make will work with other Recaros? Or are these model specific?

Reason I ask, is I'm coming into a set of Evo Recaro's for dirt cheap and I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to mount them yet.

Comment

We just made a pair for Erick for his Recaro Speeds, and they apparentley have the same bolt-hole layout on the underside of the seat, because they bolted up with no problems. Get me a couple of good pics of the underside of them, and if they're the same, we can make you a pair no problem.

And yes, I'm going to a dark carpet when I find one.

Comment

This thread kicks ass!! I just bought Rodrigo's set of these same seats today!! I am in no real hurry to put them in. I am going to go over them really good and address any problems. I will re-read the thread and use the info....Thanks guys!!

P.S. I now have these for sale. e21 houndstooth recaro and an euro e30 recaro for sale!!

~Fernando

Comment

Working...
                                X