Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of pics of my 70s vintage Recaro's . I still haven't figured out what they are called or when they were really sold, if anybody has any info I'd apreciate it.

A friend up in Washington is redoing them in a dark blue outer and black alcantara centers. The'll go in the 1600 when done.

Comment

This is a really good deal:

Recaro Seat Repair Kit: Click Here

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

So what are mine called?

Comment

Is that in the Hartge ^^^

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Yessir.

Comment

a note for people with trophy's:
              i don't know if you can see it or not in my pics, but you can add pneumatic lumbar support to the really easily!

go to the wrecker and find a car (us made are the easiest to find) that has air lumbar support, remove the "air bags" from the seat backs, sneak out with them or pay that is your choice, then go to the drugstore and get blood pressure cuff inflator bulbs and valves (around $15 each), then go to checker or your favorite auto parts store and get windshield washer/squirter hose, slip it over the ends of the airbag nipple and the inflator ball valve.

next pull the seat center back and slide in the airbag and route the hose to the outside of the seat towards the center console with the bulb where you can work it easily.

the weight of your body will keep the airbag in place so you don't have to secure it to the seat back.

i used dodge viper ones because that is what i had access to at the time. you can use what ever works.
              seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Tavern Gnome, I'd call those tweed perhaps?

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                a note for people with trophy's:
                i don't know if you can see it or not in my pics, but you can add pneumatic lumbar support to the really easily!

go to the wrecker and find a car (us made are the easiest to find) that has air lumbar support, remove the "air bags" from the seat backs, sneak out with them or pay that is your choice, then go to the drugstore and get blood pressure cuff inflator bulbs and valves (around $15 each), then go to checker or your favorite auto parts store and get windshield washer/squirter hose, slip it over the ends of the airbag nipple and the inflator ball valve.

next pull the seat center back and slide in the airbag and route the hose to the outside of the seat towards the center console with the bulb where you can work it easily.

the weight of your body will keep the airbag in place so you don't have to secure it to the seat back.

i used dodge viper ones because that is what i had access to at the time. you can use what ever works.
                Pictures?

~ John Adams ~

Comment

if they come out easy, yes. if not all you get is a pic of a hose and rubber bulb.
                  seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

:D

Comment

UMMmm? Blurry picture of Recaro?

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                        UMMmm? Blurry picture of Recaro?
                        No.

Its a pie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tavern Gnome View Post
                          So what are mine called?
                          im wondering too, i have the same seats in my e21. only mine are grey cloth with the same pattern in the center.

Comment

Tavern Gnomes seats are the e30 Recaro option seats.

brandon11130, yours are likely the e21 Recaro sport seats which look similar.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

heres my new set--

I have both and are in great condition. I almost traded one for a turbo kit but the guy flaked.

join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
                              click here for details

Comment

Do you know anything about them ^^^^^ ????

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Working...
                                X