This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    oh god that's even worse. Any chance of a replica fabric being out there somewhere?
    It just wouldn't be R3V without posts like that one...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
      It just wouldn't be R3V without posts like that one...
      We're all broke, otherwise we wouldn't be driving 20-year old economy cars.

I mean, would you pay $300 per yard for fabric?
      cars beep boop

Comment

No, I'm just saying, it's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          oh god that's even worse. Any chance of a replica fabric being out there somewhere?

actually.......if you can stand to have it in velour. Beard's super seats was offering seats in material similar to the recaro and alpina patterns.
          Barbra and Ed told me that they were getting the material from a company that made seats for busline seats, like Greyhound ETC, it was really cheap too
          seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
            actually.......if you can stand to have it in velour. Beard's super seats was offering seats in material similar to the recaro and alpina patterns.
            Barbra and Ed told me that they were getting the material from a company that made seats for busline seats, like Greyhound ETC, it was really cheap too
            Velour might be a bit much, if it's what I think it is. Is this material still available?
            cars beep boop

Comment

NOT crushed velour like a TJ upholstery job.
              velour is what the insert is on your door panels short
              "haired" fuzzy stuff. it is what covers Josh's MK-II trophy Recaro's and is the insert on mine

Here is a pic, it is the gray part

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Aha, that is better than I thought. (I was thinking bathrobes and those fat red sausage-like things they have to direct people onto red carpets and stuff)

Any links to the actual material? Searching for Beard's super seats just brings me to Bronco forums :(
                cars beep boop

Comment

the material should still be available, since they still make coach buses

here is a site with their phone #

the company that bought them from Ed and Barbra is trust-me tie downs/beard seats. i tried but can't find a direct link to the company to see what they have for samples.

if you really want to chase it down try to find Ed and Barbra Beard in the phone directory in Bull Head City, AZ. they run a western wear store there too. i believe it is called Beard's western wear.

hope that helps.

Comment

i will have to do some searching, but i think i still have their or Levi's home number somewhere. if i can find it, i'll give them a call. i think Levi (their son is still running an upholstery shop in Bullhead City too.)

they are really cool "country bumpkin-ish" people, that raced offroad cars FOREVER and are famous for their chili at the races. if they can't sell you the material they will turn you on to a source

Comment

Awesome, thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, I will have to pursue this lead in a few days time, finals take priority until Thursday.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

the drivers side is a bit beat up.... but no one sees it when my ass is there haha
                        Originally posted by Mr Watsonsilver
                        driving boards?

Comment

i think this is the name of their shop.

Comment

Anyone know where i could get one of the seat back adjuster knobs, mines stripped. Its for an e21 recaro.. It would help with the sale im sure

Comment

umm, a recaro dealer should be able to source you one, or look on line for a direct recaro site

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                                umm, a recaro dealer should be able to source you one, or look on line for a direct recaro site
                                Ok, thanks:D

Comment

Working...
                                X