This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen027 View Post
    Anyone know where i could get one of the seat back adjuster knobs, mines stripped. Its for an e21 recaro.. It would help with the sale im sure
    I may be ripping my e21 Recaro seat apart today. My father got crazy and threw some of my seats out in the driveway yesterday because he thought they were garbage? So I ended up stripping on of the HOundstooth seats. I kept the fabric and shocks.

Next the e21 Recaro, unless I hear someone throw a number at me.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

? so are you selling the seat?
      not enough room to store it so you are going to part it out?
      your post doesn't make much sense
      seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
        ? so are you selling the seat?
        not enough room to store it so you are going to part it out?
        your post doesn't make much sense
        I pulled the e21 Recaro apart.
        __________________________________________________ _____

Recaro Seat Parts

Check this out!!!!!! Recaro parts!!!!

Click Here Craigslist

Click Here VWvortex

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Nice Recaro seats on Craigslist in California. I'd buy if I was local: click here

Recaro seats in good condition.Asking $225. Email or call 707-763-9560

These ones are $500. I have similar ones and they feel great/look great: click me

email the guy at: sale-982454026@craigslist.org

Last edited by Nicademus; 01-11-2009, 11:57 PM.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Hi guys, I just got a pair of these Recaro seats:

They bolt right up to the e30 seat mounting points, but the rails lack the mounting point for the seat belt on 4 door cars, e.g. this one here on my stock seat:

So I'm wondering what's the best solution? The previous owner just bent the stock seat belt metal piece at the bottom and place that under one of the rear mounting points for the seat since the bolt is the same size.

I was thinking either that or get a right angle bracket whipped up in a shop so I don't have to bend the stock bracket. Only thing is that with this method, the seat belt doesn't follow the seat when you move it back and forward altho I assume this won't matter much?

Comment

what do you guys think of the following seat:

in an e30, i have a chance to pick up a pair of these in excellent shape, they are black leather bolsters and headrests back and the middle portion is black alcantara like cloth...

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz_bmr View Post

in an e30, i have a chance to pick up a pair of these in excellent shape, they are black leather bolsters and headrests back and the middle portion is black alcantara like cloth...
                SRD's were factory fitted in the E30 M3 Evo III:

So yes they would look great of course!
                Reminiscing...

Comment

AN SRD sold recently for $50 on Craigslist. I don't know why I didn't buy it. It was blue

~ John Adams ~

Comment

yeah the factory evo came with similar seats, now all i will need is a m3 rear seat (or cabrio seat with custom side bolsters) recovered in the same center section and door panel inserts :)

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz_bmr View Post

Recaro SRD's are awesome. I have one I'm getting ready to put in my E30, but I think it's a knock off. Still, I got it for $40. I can't complain.

Here it is...

'97 Eclipse GST - garage queen
                      '87 325is - daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Zmann42087 View Post
                        Recaro SRD's are awesome. I have one I'm getting ready to put in my E30, but I think it's a knock off. Still, I got it for $40. I can't complain.

Here it is...
                        You get these on ebay?
                        -Pierre
                        1987 535is
                        1988 325is

Comment

Yes, found it on eBay. That's the only one the guy had though unfortunately. But like I said, for $60 shipped I'm happy.

'97 Eclipse GST - garage queen
                          '87 325is - daily driver

Comment

I just picked up a set of SRDs.

How are you guys going about mounting them? Factory sliders to custom brackets? Any specific bracket? Looks like corbeau brackets might work.

Also, I need a bolster replacement. Is capital seating the go-to place for that?

Thanks
                            Erick
                            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                              I just picked up a set of SRDs.

How are you guys going about mounting them? Factory sliders to custom brackets? Any specific bracket? Looks like corbeau brackets might work.

Also, I need a bolster replacement. Is capital seating the go-to place for that?

Thanks
                              Erick
                              Capital seating is the place for that stuff and they're really cool people.

I'd go with the Corbeau, they have the best price.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Corbeau for sure works though? I was considering going with custom brackets using the stock e30 sliders.

- Erick
                                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X