This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're in Oregon, not Washington.

There's actually several dimensions and measurements we'd need. We would really need them in-hand to be able to check them out, and find out if we could adapt our current design to work with them. If that's something that's possible, let me know. There would be a bit more cost involved, but nothing outrageous. But if you'd be willing to be a guinea pig, we could start producing a whole new product.

Comment

I am driving up to Washington on the 5th to start school.
      I didnt think putting these seats in my car would be this much of a pain.
      Id love to help the community and my self out by shipping you guys a seat to work off of, but I just dont have the time or money.
      I am going to give making my own adapter a try. If it works well, Ill send you guys a jig.
      I have a bit of metal left from my 02 project and a MIG machine ready to go.
      Really the only thing that needs to change as far as I can see is that the holes on the flat bar need to be moved to 16"x10 1/4" on your guys's design.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I'll have to see if I can get a hold of a beat-to-shit E21 Recaro or something, so I have an actual example to work from. We would love to be able to offer another model for people with the E21 Recaros.

Comment

^ maybe you can send a couple of brackets my way so i can "test fit" them on my e21 recaros?! :)

Comment

Check C list. They pop up. I really wish I could help out but I just don't have the time right now. Hope you find one!
            sigpic
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
              Just put in an order for JJ Custom Interior to retrim my Recaros! Can't wait!
              Pics of finished seats??

Comment

Just thought I'd update this thread with my findings on VW Corrado Recaro's.

I just picked up a set of recaro's from a vr6 corrado. They have power height adjusting bases, power reclining motors in the seatbacks, and are also heated. The bases are removable from the bottom of the seat unlike what I'd seen elsewhere in this thread about corrado recaro's having the bases welded to the seat bottoms. I'll post up some pics of the seats installed once I get around to making my brackets as well as installing some relays and switches for the heat and recline.

These seats are very similar to the mkII 16v recaros, however I believe the bottom bolsters are slightly shorter and wider. I have heard that the seat bottoms for the corrado recaro's were made by VW, not recaro, but on the set I got there was a recaro build tag underneath the seat base.

Comment

What are these??

LS-C???

Comment

FYI i'm selling my pair of e21 recaros in black cloth (great-excellent) condition. PM me if you want some nice recaros. :)

Comment

Hey Flash 23,

How come you can log into here every day and post to the message boards but you can't reply to my PM's about the stuff I bought from you and never received?

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajan21 View Post
                        What are these??

LS-C???
                        Look like LS-B but can't tell due to the photo being dark. Looks like they are on there own sliders already.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          Look like LS-B but can't tell due to the photo being dark. Looks like they are on there own sliders already.
                          Look like LS-C to me, C seat bottom has the thigh extension which these appear to have.
                          sigpic
                          84 323i

Comment

Any advices where to find spare polyurethane foam pads for these oem e30 Recaros? I guess they are Recaro LS?
                            Thanks in advance!

Comment

Capital Seating are the official importer for RECARO aftermarket products for the UK and Ireland, supplying the dealer network with the full range of automotive, Motorsport, and Office chairs, as well as marine seats, stadium seats and child seats.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
                              If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

Originally posted by wheelie View Post
                                Any advices where to find spare polyurethane foam pads for these oem e30 Recaros? I guess they are Recaro LS?
                                Thanks in advance!

You can also make your own by using compressed foam. Check thread about installing MK2 Recaros into e30, there was information posted on rebuilding foam pieces. I used that info rebuilding my Recaros.

Comment

Working...
                                X