Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look like recaro LS seats.. late 70s/80 vintAGE.

500 OBO....OFFER 375 AND GO FROM THERE....

BUT REALIZE 500 IS FAIR..

figure each seat to redo will be 275 per on up..labor only. I dont avail know of that cloth.
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

"how difficult to find the orange spectrum fabric to recover the driver's seat?"

Took me almost 2years to find one
      I started searching for it before I bought my E30... good luck!

Comment

just came across this thread while looking for info on these seats i just bought

I brought these home the other night. Recaro Idealseat C in Spectrum Orange. they came with about 8sq yards of replacement fabric (its folded in half in the pic) and about a yard of the headrest/bolster fabric. plus a bunch of spare parts in the bags and some interesting paperwork
        they are pretty dirty from being stored in a garage for the last 14 years but overall in good shape. i havent tested the electronics yet either. not sure what iam going to do with them yet but i think they would be perfect in something old and japanese...
        just thought i would post for viewing pleasure! not many of these around any more

the third seat in the background is a LS with ortho-speaker head rest

what would the estimated value be for these as is?

Comment

Just a little head-up for Recaro lovers wanting a retrimming from JJ Custom : http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...750#post549750
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffian View Post
            Have a line on these seats. Just looking for some info on style and estimated price. his asking is 500 obo.

how difficult to find the orange spectrum fabric to recover the driver's seat?

Thanks in advance.
            I would not let those get away from me if I was you. Worth it to track down the fabric(does not have to be orange).
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Wow guys I love all the seats... Now you guys have done it i will have a pair for my car....

Comment

Now that JJ Customs is having problems, is there anywhere domestically that sells replacement diaphragms for recaro SRD's? My strap split right in the middle and I would love to get it back to the way it was.

Comment

Feedback
                  Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

^^^How do you like the rake? Too much? Not enough?
                    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by CO318is View Post
                      Now that JJ Customs is having problems, is there anywhere domestically that sells replacement diaphragms for recaro SRD's? My strap split right in the middle and I would love to get it back to the way it was.
                      This as well as where could one find Recaro LS?

Thanks

Documentation of my 1991 BMW 318iS

Comment

Originally posted by DanThe View Post
                        Hi guys, some pics of my E30 Recaros for your viewing pleasure

I bought these 3 years ago from a spec'd up 325i 4 door hence the lack of tilt levers

They were starting to wear in places when I got them but I just bolted them in my 4 door and lived with it
                        You can see the lower bolsters were squashed and the material was also wearing through in places

When I broke the 4 door I stripped them down with the intention of rebuilding them like new, not an easy task as I found out 99% of these parts are BMW E30 specific and no longer available :(

Common problem with these is the upper bolster bars breaking off
                        This is how the drivers looked, the pass seat had both bars broke and others ive stripped have also had broken bars

Left too long and the foam will literally disintegrate due to the increased movement, the broken bar ends will also eventually start to poke through the foam and then the material

This is my drivers seat all finished

Here is how the pass seat base looked before

And after some serious foam reshaping/supporting

Took a long time and a lot of work, I had the material sections replaced on some of the worn bolsters, used material from seats from a scrap yard so they wouldn't look too much out of place.

In my hunt for E30 Recaro parts I did manage to find a brand new covering, it was hiding away in the corner of a local dealerships parts store, had been ordered in 2000 and never collected

But like I said earlier, these are NLA from BMW, same as the material so I couldnt really use this next to worn fabric

Here is a material sample card from an upholsterers in the US, I cant remember what the company is called, one of the UK E30 owners used them to supply material for his Recaros

These are great seats and are getting very rare, spare parts are virtually non-existent, Capital Seating are the UK's Recaro distributors and trimmers but even they cannot supply E30 Recaro parts/foam.
                        Hello, guys! I have the same seats from sedan/touring. If i will buy parts from coupe Recaro seats (ropes and handles) is it hard to do them for the two-door car?

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                          ^^^How do you like the rake? Too much? Not enough?
                          I like it just the way it is. No complaints from me and thanks for the awesome product even though it took me a while to put them into use haha.
                          Feedback
                          Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

Does anyone know of a source of pre made covers for recaros?

Comment

Found a set of LS-n's but they seem to be missing the bolts that hold the backs to the bottoms. Sources for replacement? BMW of Atlanta has a pn# for the OEM Recaros but I kinda doubt they'd work...
                              sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

As long as the price is right - go for it!!
                                Hardware should not be hard to find...I would think something generic from home depot would work.

Originally posted by canakami View Post
                                Found a set of LS-n's but they seem to be missing the bolts that hold the backs to the bottoms. Sources for replacement? BMW of Atlanta has a pn# for the OEM Recaros but I kinda doubt they'd work...

Comment

Working...
                                X