No announcement yet.

Steering Wheel Garage: All things steering wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luisi I had on Nina for a while, Vlad has it now...
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Yeah I've seen that in some of Vlad's pictures.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Gray S. View Post
        So I figured out whats making the noise I talked about in my post above. Its this little white plastic protruding piece that has a spring. It can be pushed in and out. from what I've read this has something to do with the airbag mechanism. I've only seen mentioned one place that this needs to be broken off, is there any way to remove it without destroying it? Has anyone else with a wheel in an airbag car faced this problem? I guess I can break it off if I must but I would like to be able to go back to stock if necessary.
        Originally posted by Gooch View Post
        You don't need to break it off, just pull it and it will come right out.

Yeah it should just pull off fairly easy and has to come off for an after market steering wheel to work properly. On mine I had to use some pliers to get it off but it was still usable if I wanted to put it back on (of course it went in the garbage though since I was never going back stock)...

;)

Comment

Yah I ended up just yanking it out with pliars. I realized I wont go back to stock, and if I do I will throw in an mtech wheel or something. My airbag computer was bad anways and the dealer wanted something like 800 bucks to diagnose it... yeah right.

Comment

Suede Sparco

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
              What do those gauges in the vent do?

edit*

Never mind, I saw some of your other pictures. They're for the turbo right?
              I would also like to know what those guages do on the vent.

Plus, what is that?

Comment

Hartge 4 spoke

Post face lift car -
                Attached Files
                [I

Comment

hartge 4 spoke

Pre face lift car,
                  Attached Files
                  [I

Comment

Hartge 3 spoke

Pre face lift car
                    Attached Files
                    [I

Comment

Hartge 3 spoke

Post face lift car
                      Attached Files
                      [I

Comment

ACS wood wheel, the only one I've seen. Don't really know much about it.
                        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by alexd View Post
                          Suede Sparco

AlexD, sweet interior! Recaro SRD's? What sort of brackets did you use for your seats?

Comment

I wanted this wheel but missed the auction :(

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Nic, are you ever going to post a pic of your other wheel showing me the wiring for the horns? My crash pad fell came off & some of the springs went flying & I don't know how to put them back correctly. Help me out, you're the only one I know that has the same wheel. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                                Nic, are you ever going to post a pic of your other wheel showing me the wiring for the horns? My crash pad fell came off & some of the springs went flying & I don't know how to put them back correctly. Help me out, you're the only one I know that has the same wheel. ;)
                                Springs!?? WTF? Umm well the thing is I don't have mine wired up right either. Only the thumb buttons work, but the center button does not. I'll take a look. Plus my horn is broken or going out. It barely makes a sound. Sounds like the buzzer from "Operation".

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Working...
                                X