Gauge cluster rings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauge cluster rings.

I got another cluster and went to order a set of metal rings for it. And found most of the people who sell these things on ebay are changing over to the cheap plastic ones. They are a totally different shape also. They aren't rounded off like the ones offered before. I did find one seller on there that did have the old style. Lets just hope his add was corect, and i don't get the new style ones.

Just a heads up, to let everyone know.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

thanks for the heads up. Looking to get a set for myself
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

tell me about it I got screwed twice. Who is the vendor you found? Link?
      sigpic

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AIT&viewitem=

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Dude, I think they were the vendor who I first got the wrong rings from. Many of them still use that same pic even though their suppliers are sending them the plastic shitty ones. Let me know when you get them. I am sick of sending shit back.
          sigpic

Comment

I'll let you know. I looked through my bid history, and this is the same guy i bought my last ones off of. I better not get the new style ones :letitout:

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

I guess when I do my new cluster, I'll by keeping my current face. Especially since it's an M3 face, and my rings are glued in. :D

Comment

Bad thing about me is, i got 3 other clusters with rings in them already. I'm just being a whore and what to try something different with this one.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Hey Jason, if your looking for the non-shiny matte silver then those are the one. I actually bought from the same guy a couple months back and have rings still sitting here on my desk. I'll try to take some close up pics and will post in a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwaaahhh View Post
                    Hey Jason, if your looking for the non-shiny matte silver then those are the one. I actually bought from the same guy a couple months back and have rings still sitting here on my desk. I'll try to take some close up pics and will post in a little.
                    those are the ones I have really been wanting but could not find. Let me know if Jason doesnt want them cause I really do. Thanks.
                    sigpic

Comment

I bought mine here - http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/aphase-auto
                      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by aaron325ix View Post
                        those are the ones I have really been wanting but could not find. Let me know if Jason doesnt want them cause I really do. Thanks.
                        Sorry I wasn't offering to sell. Just trying to clarify that its the matte silver rings. Similar to the rings on e46 m3.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwaaahhh View Post
                          Sorry I wasn't offering to sell. Just trying to clarify that its the matte silver rings. Similar to the rings on e46 m3.
                          sorry, thats the way I took it, you must sell them now!:hitler: Seriously though, let me know where I can find some like those. cheers
                          sigpic

Comment

If you end up with the polished ones, just shoot them with a flat clear coat to get the matte finish.

*Edit, or you could just use some 1000 grit sandpaper to dull them out a little. I don't care for the chrome looking rings either.
                            Last edited by BrewCity11; 10-28-2008, 03:40 PM.
                            turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                            Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Any pics?

Comment

Working...
                              X