changing door card color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing door card color

Anybody here ever used the vinyly dye stuff for car interiors found at the autozones?I have tan door panels and tan rear side panels that look like crap and all the rest of my interior is black.
    I seems easy enough but don't want it too look shitty.Also I wanna get a rear seat backrest with the ski hole.Only one I found is tan.Would be re-dyeing it too.I don't want the stuff to rub off on my clothes.

I never tried that autozone stuff. But have had a few cars that was changed over from green to black (door panels and dash pads.) using PPG products. They held up for me.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

If it doesn't look how you want it to, just get some black door cards. They're easy enough to replace.
      Cornering is like bringing a woman to climax.
      -Jackie Stewart

Comment

I agree, it will look very much like spray paint. On the hard vinyl it works better, like, dash, door handle. But everythign else if its has flex it will look aweful, like you just spray bombed it. And any kind of abrasion will rub off, quite easily.

Comment

Try this stuff: http://www.bryndana.com/

I used their carpet refinisher to change my (new-to-me) carpet from grey to black. I also sprayed it on the vinyl "heel pad". It basically bonds to the plastic, for example, if you pick at it with your finger nail, the only way to get it off is to dig through the surface.

No idea on how durable it is, as I haven't gotten the carpet back into my car yet.

Comment

Working...
          X