Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna LED my vert dome light...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I wanna LED my vert dome light...

    But it's a bulb with no # on it...Books say it should be a 6411, but it's something else, anyone have any ideas what it is?

    I LED'd my trunk and it really didn't make anything brighter, just gave the light a bluish tint. I may add another for additional light.

    #2
    that bulb is a halogen bulb, around 15. fr pelican or the local dealer. Dont touch it w/ your bare fingers, just like headlight bulbs. good luck! Let us know what you get to work in there....!

    Comment


      #3
      Don't expect much more of a light increase....

      Project M42 Turbo

      Comment


        #4
        This is the info you need :)

        - the bulb is 10 dollars + ... retardedly expensive
        - led will not work, I tried one, and it doesnt want to light up. Current issue? I dont know.
        - you can find the bulb on e36s. GL

        Comment


          #5
          or, take your ass to autozone, bring the bulb with you

          and just match the size to a small dome bulb in the lighting section

          i got 2 for $1.99 and they are 10W
          88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
          85 E ~~~> RIP

          Comment


            #6
            I tried to wire up LEDs into my dome light too, then same thing with the trunk lights. I obviously missed something about the conversion, but discovered that basic electrical knowledge > me, so ended up tabling both for now.

            Comment


              #7
              What about wiring in something completely new & out of the ordinary? My Lexus GS300 has 2 courtesy ligts so damn bright it's unbelievable. I mean, I know the e30 is 20 yrs old, but how about a little consideration? It's like a friggin' black hole even when the light comes on! It looks pathetic, like the battery is about to die...

              Comment


                #8
                doesnt bavauto sell led domelight bulbs?

                Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                Originally posted by slammin.e28
                Moral of this story?

                If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by accident View Post
                  doesnt bavauto sell led domelight bulbs?
                  They do, I just checked. I would love to do some sort of 6-panel LED in place of the wimpy, incandescent bulb. I might have to hit up a "rice" shop!...:hitler: (i just wanted to use the Hitler smiley...)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I installed the bavauto 6-led light in my vert, it's bright and works great. simple and excellent mod.

                    The website stinks when it comes to trying to link to stuff, here's a link to the pic:
                    http://www.bavauto.com/lview.asp?img...ib500/led6.jpg

                    I was pretty satisfied so I bought 2 of the 12 LED ones for the hardtop dome lights. They are very bright and have a sharp white color, very nice. I'm sort of considering measuring to see if I can fit a 12 in the smaller dome light of the vert, but since that one is more in-your-face I think i'll just pass and not get blinded. The 6 is plenty.

                    2 thumbs up. If they weren't so expensive I'd put those damn things EVERYWHERE.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                    If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                      I installed the bavauto 6-led light in my vert, it's bright and works great. simple and excellent mod.

                      The website stinks when it comes to trying to link to stuff, here's a link to the pic:
                      http://www.bavauto.com/lview.asp?img...ib500/led6.jpg

                      I was pretty satisfied so I bought 2 of the 12 LED ones for the hardtop dome lights. They are very bright and have a sharp white color, very nice. I'm sort of considering measuring to see if I can fit a 12 in the smaller dome light of the vert, but since that one is more in-your-face I think i'll just pass and not get blinded. The 6 is plenty.

                      2 thumbs up. If they weren't so expensive I'd put those damn things EVERYWHERE.
                      Good to know the LED domelights work well, I was considering buying them. The vert dome lights are smaller than the coupe and sedan ones right? So I would need the 12 led for my coupe?

                      Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      Moral of this story?

                      If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                        I installed the bavauto 6-led light in my vert, it's bright and works great. simple and excellent mod.

                        The website stinks when it comes to trying to link to stuff, here's a link to the pic:
                        http://www.bavauto.com/lview.asp?img...ib500/led6.jpg

                        I was pretty satisfied so I bought 2 of the 12 LED ones for the hardtop dome lights. They are very bright and have a sharp white color, very nice. I'm sort of considering measuring to see if I can fit a 12 in the smaller dome light of the vert, but since that one is more in-your-face I think i'll just pass and not get blinded. The 6 is plenty.

                        2 thumbs up. If they weren't so expensive I'd put those damn things EVERYWHERE.
                        So the 6 led for verts? The pics shows various led bulbs, which one do you get?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Kwaaahhh View Post
                          So the 6 led for verts? The pics shows various led bulbs, which one do you get?
                          They're not actually bulbs, they just look like it. The actual LEDs are in the top left corner of that picture, the bulb looking things are just for carrying power to the wires.

                          Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                          Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          Moral of this story?

                          If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by accident View Post
                            They're not actually bulbs, they just look like it. The actual LEDs are in the top left corner of that picture, the bulb looking things are just for carrying power to the wires.
                            Thanks for clearing that up! So 6 led for vert huh?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              yeah i put the 6 in the vert and 12's in the coupe. the 12 may fit in the vert, need to measure. dimensions are given on the bavauto site.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                              If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X