Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door panel opinions

Well, I inhereted an ugly ass interior:

I switched out the handles, map pocks, and rear back panels a while ago (along with the steering wheel, shift knob/boot, ebrake knob/boot, OBC, HAVC panel, glove box, and soon to be dash):

Right now my decision is to stick to the most important items instead of wasting money on less benifial things. If I bought new black door panels, I would also need front and rear seats to match. I'm not ready for that.

In efforts to improve the look of the interior without doing a full out swap, I decided to be a little creative.

My drivers side door panel is all bend out of shape at the top, so it doesnt tuck in and it needs replaced. I was going to justify getting black panels because of this, however I found somone selling individual panels.

So, I'm using the fubared one as a test dummy:

Obviously, I would do a better tape job if I actually did all four panels. I'm not sure what I think about the look right now. Imagine the panel being 100% clean and fitting properly and also with a non faded door handle. In the rear, the panels would have the 'arm rest' area sprayed. Recovering the rear deck with black suede and dying the carpet will also help. I'm doing the rear deck now, and the carpet will be done this summer.

Also, I have the idea of spraying the bubbled up leather strip going around the seats. This would take a ton of prep to tape everything up, but it might look good.

In short, should I spray all four panels like this, or leave it as is?
    Comments?
    Last edited by Schniddy; 12-24-2008, 08:50 PM.

Looks pretty good.
    -Andy

Comment

i like the contrast
      Originally posted by Ferdinand
      I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

DIVING BOARD DIVISION DIVISION IDIOT

Comment

Not bad - Not bad at all!
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I have the same grey/cloth door panels. I have the rears done. I dyed the grey vinyl black and left the grey cloth centers. I still need to find time to do the fronts.
          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
            I have the same grey/cloth door panels. I have the rears done. I dyed the grey vinyl black and left the grey cloth centers. I still need to find time to do the fronts.
            I like that idea a lot better.

Is it too much black to go along with my seats though?
            How about if I dyed all the leather on the seats, not just the piping?

Cheap solutions
            Hmm
            Last edited by Schniddy; 12-24-2008, 08:44 PM.

Comment

That looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                Not bad - Not bad at all!
                After I get rid of the star trek HU, I'll be PMing you about your sig. :)
                Wayy too cool to pass up and wait on.

Comment

light grey door cards are VERY rare here in Euroland.

I personally liked them better stock in ALL grey.

Comment

Working...
                  X