A more permanent way to dye carpets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A more permanent way to dye carpets

I was thinking an instead of spraying the carpet with vinyl dye or trim dye why not just use some carpet dye? Call me crazy but it just might work. After spraying the little rear piece of carpet in my car (correctly, prepped it and all) I wasn't impressed with how durable it was, I wore through the color with my hand fairly easily a few days after it dried in a sort of ghetto wear test. Since I have a spray gun I can use I figured I'd use a product from here:

Considering getting an ounce of extra strength black dye and seeing how it works on the carpet as well as the parcel shelf. I'll throw up some pics when I get the dye and some time to spray.
    Jah bless! :pimp:

i used some left over leather\vinyl die from leatherique. i had some made up to match my new leather and dyed the door and rear panels. It worked well on my rear shelf, of course no one touches it so it wont really wear out.

Comment

I'm a retard, as are my friends. Stuff will most likely get thrown up there on our late night excursions and I really don't want to think about it wearing, paranoia. That and I don't have leather dye. Probably going to order a pound of the stuff considering I'm gonna need 2oz just to be safe and the price is so close.
      Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Working...
      X