Footwell Lighting Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footwell Lighting Mod?

Has anyone added any tasteful interior lighting solutions to the front and rear footwells? I was thinking about adding some lighting under the dash and somewhere in the rear seating area, using e30 fixtures. I have a lone interior light above the mirror in the cabrio.

I would look to something like the mood light setup that's been mentioned on here. Some very subdued amber or red lighting could work.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not interested in mood lighting, but instead "door open" activated lighting.

Comment

ive thought about red LEDs behind opaque plastic for a nice glow.... might be too ricey tho
        Originally posted by kronus
        pff, all of you are slow as hell anyway. Eta > all

Comment

Where were you thinking of mounting them? Bottom of knee bolster and behind the glovebox?

Vert domelights would be perfect.
          Wiring them would be easy once you figured out where the wiring is for the lights already there. Have a diagram?
          I don't think rears are necessary, but if you want to, go for it.
          turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
          Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

ive seen it before on here from some other member...i was going to do the mod and get the light dimmer relay....its be really cool
            -His-
            87 e30 325i
            87 e24 m6
            05 e83 x3
            94 e32 740i 5spd
            -Hers-
            89 e30 325i
            18 f48 x1

Comment

A bit of a challenge on the passenger side, since there is basically no "hush panel", just a glovebox. You could do the lights in the side of the center console, just make sure you cannot see the light itself or it will look tacky!

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by txleadfoot View Post
                Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not interested in mood lighting, but instead "door open" activated lighting.
                I didn't necessarily mean have them function like moodlighting - just use the assembly. Or get some LEDs and resistors. They would be easily concealed too.

Comment

Get a few trunk lights from the junkyard. The forward center console has two 'arms' that extend to the front of the car. You can cut holes in that to match the size of the lights, and if you do it right, they will snap right in. The wiring is easy because it is all right there behind the kick panels.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                  X