Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was tired of looking at my loose seat seams....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was tired of looking at my loose seat seams....

.....so I started stitching. I made it all the way up from my finger before the needle broke! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone else attempts this: its really easy to take the bolster leather off from the seat, its just held on with metal tabs that you can bend with some needle nose pliers. Once the bolster leather is off the foam you can turn it inside out and trace the original thread on the underside of the seam. I got a huge roll of leather thread and curved needles off of amazon for less then $10.

Comment

This really needs new covers. Previous owner left it like this and is not worth removing to stitch properly. Quick and dirty here. Looks a lot better, though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Five5peed View Post
        This really needs new covers. Previous owner left it like this and is not worth removing to stitch properly. Quick and dirty here. Looks a lot better, though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        If you have access to a steam machine you can steam the leather to make it easier to sew and more stretchable. You may be able to get the top portion finished if you’re patient enough. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

….. if its much better ones wanted ??

then I ve got some for sale,
          black/ blue leather and cloth ones,
          coupes and verts,
          oem
          all good !
          please pm, or email me at carlsos@hotmail.co.uk
          thanks,
          Last edited by brutus; 09-29-2019, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X