E30 sport seat covers for hot weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 sport seat covers for hot weather?

Convertible with mint black leather sport seats. Las Vegas summers at 115F are not compatible with that surface. For the past 10 years, I've been using beach towels hooked under the headrest rods. This looks very ghetto and eventually, the towels rip at the headrest. Before I buy fire hose covers from Duluth, does anyone here have a recommendation for an insulated, breathable seat cover for E30 sport seats? Much appreciated!
    "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

I just got some sheer comfort real sheepskin seat covers for my tired old sport seats, I'm sure they won't get as hot as old black leather. They have a little cushion too, so takes just a bit of an edge off the H&R sport springs suspension :) I got the pre-made ones that run about $320 for two covers, rather than double that for the custom-made ones. Fits is about 95% great, driver seat is better fit than passenger for some reason.
    "just love those little tanky inline 6's"

Comment

My 88 iX came with the wool BMW insert/covers and they are great in hot and cold weather.

Comment

Buy a nice towel, poke holes near the top using the headrest as a template, then stitch around the holes to reinforce them. Put the headrest legs through the holes, and then into the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gopher325ix View Post
          My 88 iX came with the wool BMW insert/covers and they are great in hot and cold weather.
          Any chance there's still a part number visible somewhere?
          "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_150784_1588335884387_332[]
            No number. Also says the wool is from Australia. Pic with name of company.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X