Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get the drivers sport seat to move forward to access the bolts in the rear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get the drivers sport seat to move forward to access the bolts in the rear.

Thought I would get started on an indoor project. Sport seat has the apparently common problem with the loose seat back. The part that ratchets into the inner seat rail on the exterior side of the car will not release and is not responding to all sorts of four letter words.
    The mechanism works on the other side. Really fricken hard to try to access. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas.

The catches on the latch are easy enough to release by hand, but it sounds like the cross rod that connects inboard to outboard latches is not attached. In any case, you can raise the seat and release the latch with pliers or something else. Worst case, a screwdriver and a hammer should be able to get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      The catches on the latch are easy enough to release by hand, but it sounds like the cross rod that connects inboard to outboard latches is not attached. In any case, you can raise the seat and release the latch with pliers or something else. Worst case, a screwdriver and a hammer should be able to get to it.
      Sprayed some lithium grease on it, had lunch and then used a paint can opener that was able to pop the latch. My self satisfaction didn't last long. The seat hits a dead stop moving forward and still is short of exposing the nut to remove the seat. Can't see or figure out what is stopping it?
      I did manage to find a few hundred dollars worth of quarters and dimes jammed in every conceivable location around those rails. Seat will move but after all the aggravation I'm pretty much back where I started.

Comment

Have you elevated the seat yet?

Comment

Have you elevated the seat yet?
          Yes

Comment

Any other ideas?

Comment

Jam the releases in the open position and get in the back seat to push the base of the seat forward with your legs.

Comment

Jam the releases in the open position and get in the back seat to push the base of the seat forward with your legs.
                Put white lithium grease on everything, let it set for a while and got the seat moving freely. That said, it is still two inches in back of where the passenger seat goes in the full forward position and it feels like a hard mechanical stop. Is there an adjustment on these seats that limits how far they go forward so as to not wedge yourself into the steering wheel? Story of my life, needing another inch or two haha.

Comment

The limiter was two quarters, a dime, and a penny jammed perfectly under the very front of the inside rail. Only found them after snaking a flexible plastic card under the rails. Beer to celebrate a little victory.

Comment

Good thing 60 cents can actually buy you some type of "beer."

Comment

Good thing 60 cents can actually buy you some type of "beer."
                      It’s the good shit..

Comment

Working...
                      X