Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone still produce the wire cup holder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone still produce the wire cup holder?

Seems like such a clean simple solution. Was it ever produced as a double? I'd be interested in that as I have an automatic shifter.

It's still around, somewhere. It also interferes with passenger knees of people over 5'6" or so.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      It's still around, somewhere. It also interferes with passenger knees of people over 5'6" or so.
      I’m about 6’3” and the single holder design I have doesn’t interfere with my knee on the rare occasion that I’m a passenger. Maybe some designs intrude further into the passenger area than others.

Comment

slide the seat back and little... sent from hell using Tapatalk
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        '90 325i sedan daily driven
        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Garagistic has a design similar to the wire cupholder with the same drawbacks of getting all up in the ass of your shifter. You said you have an auto though, so might be a good option during their black friday sale.

Patina Handle makes a super nice bolt in bracket, with the biggest drawback being the cost ($70). He's well known in the Porsche groups and started producing BMW options as well. It bolts to the seat bracket mounting point and sits on the passenger side of the console. Still may encroach on passenger leg room, but unless they're going to hold your drink they can shut their freeload riding ass up- https://www.patinahandle.com/product...older-solution

The Kooglewerks cupholder is an awesome piece as well but is the priciest option ($100)- http://www.kooglewerks.com/products/...-holder-insert
          Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

I like the Patinahandle design. Thanks for that reference. I was not aware of that one.

Comment

You can buy one on Etsy that I really like with no problems shifting although not the wire type.

Front Console Cup Holder for the BMW e30 The updated design as of 11/2022 reduces the height by 3/4 of an inch while keeping the drivers side cup holder size but due to limited sourcing of the part, this is a limited-release item. Smaller insert (passenger side) dimensions approx. 2.75 diameter x

Comment

Yes. I've seen those and variations of those. Not crazy about losing my storage space.

I put an order in for the Patinahandle version. https://www.patinahandle.com/product...older-solution

I like how they are low and out of the way tucked down into a dead space. Bolts into the seat. Very secure.

Comment

GearSwitch ? bit pricy

Comment

Pdxseth and i could do a run of them, if anyone would be interested. they'd likely be $50 delivered/unit.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Two different approaches:

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for BMW E30 Cupholder Cup Holder Door Card Drink Holder at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for BMW E30 Cupholder Cup Holder Rear Center Console Drink Holder at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
                      Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

if you drink before you drive you're not drinking while driving. pull over and open the boot porta bar at the scenic view ... come on guys. sent from hell using Tapatalk
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        '90 325i sedan daily driven
                        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

3" exhaust pipe, 3" hole saw, modify dashboard to fit.

Comment

If you get a husco you can flip the top part so it sits further back, out of the way, and reproduction pads are being made for $85 shipped.
                            Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Honestly one is easy to make if you have access to a welder since the tube/wire needs attached to the flat piece of metal. And just drill two holes for the attachment point with the ashtray. Plus you can position it wherever you want it. I made one years ago. No interference with passengers or 5th gear.
                              Last edited by JasonC; 12-04-2020, 08:33 PM.

1992 BMW 325iC
                              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                              X