Alternative fog/driving lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative fog/driving lights?

Can anyone tell me what options I have as far as my driving lights go? Can I get an upgraded bulb that will make them more of the brighter white, rather than the old yellow/orange look?

If a bulb upgrade is not an option for my application, do any of you have some alternative fogs, like piaa or whatever that you would recommend? I like the look of the stock/origonal driving lights, but im looking for a more "modern" light output.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon
    Brandon

Do you really need brighter driving lights?

If you just want more light output, why not just do a HID conversion?
    James Peacock

WWFSMD?

Comment

My head lights are plenty bright... It's really not about brightness at all, it is more about having an upgraded driving lights so that the lights match my head lights. I know im being picky, but I want it too look good... IT is all about cosmetic for me (for my fogs/driving).

Having the bright white/blue head lights, and the old ugly yellow/orange lights I dont think looks very good... I was planning on getting the Sylvania silverstars (bright white/blue) H1 bulbs, and getting some laps that match.
      Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by F|2eeSTy|e
        My head lights are plenty bright... It's really not about brightness at all, it is more about having an upgraded driving lights so that the lights match my head lights. I know im being picky, but I want it too look good... IT is all about cosmetic for me (for my fogs/driving).

Having the bright white/blue head lights, and the old ugly yellow/orange lights I dont think looks very good... I was planning on getting the Sylvania silverstars (bright white/blue) H1 bulbs, and getting some laps that match.
        Dont use your fog lights then when theres no fog then? I'm always annoyed when I see people driving around with their fog lights on when theres absolutely no fog.

Besides, when there actually is fog, the yellowish bulbs will be more effective in aiding your vision. Same reason the "French" fogs are purposefully yellow.
        James Peacock

WWFSMD?

Comment

I just picked up some Silver star H4 bulbs. theyre just a bit brighter than regular sylvanias. so to me it wasnt worth the extra 40ish dollars. just go aftermarket for your driving lights. PIAA is awesome, but if youre not looking to spend alot of money, its not your best bet. the only other option would be to do a bumper or valance swap. the oem driving/fog lights are decently "white".
          FOKAI DA'MA'SHI'I ENSANE GRAPPING INT.

Comment

Is there a way to make the 89+ fogs into driving lights, Id like to have some VERY bright lights for when im going along by myself in the MTNS. If not what is the *best* alternative,

Thanks

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by m42technic
              Dont use your fog lights then when theres no fog then? I'm always annoyed when I see people driving around with their fog lights on when theres absolutely no fog.
              I dont know how much you know about our lights... but these are not fog lights, they are driving lights... and yes, they are on always... (driving lights).

I do not want "fog" lights... hence I was asking about bright white/blue lights... (not fog)
              Brandon

Comment

If you are talking about the lower lights, they are indeed fog lights, not driving lights. I want a set of Hella Xenon Micro-DE driving lights. Put a set of non-Xenon fog ones on my wife's car and they are sweet.

Comment

How are these lights considered fog? Because of the beam pattern? The lights are definately not the "yellow" used on typical fog lights.
                  Brandon

Comment

does anyone make brake ducts that fit where the fog lights should go?
                    BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by F|2eeSTy|e
                      How are these lights considered fog? Because of the beam pattern? The lights are definately not the "yellow" used on typical fog lights.
                      Yes beam pattern, lots of fog lights aren't yellow, although yellow works better than white in heavy fog. The beam pattern of a fog light is very wide and not very far down the road.

Comment

I see... Thanks for clearing that up :D
                        Brandon

Comment

micro de xenon fogs...jealous as shit, aren't they like 700 bucks :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcDave
                            micro de xenon fogs...jealous as shit, aren't they like 700 bucks :shock:
                            I saw them for 325 once, I wouldn't pay 7. Cheapest right now is 425. Problem is I have had Xenons (OEM BMW) previously and there really isn't anything like them. Oh well, I probably won't get them anytime soon but I really really want them and I waas commenting that the package is nice, as I have experience with the fogs. Their driving lights only come in Xenon so I dream...

Comment

Working...
                            X