Help with taking headlights apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with taking headlights apart

I'm trying to take apart my Bosch euro ellips to smoke them the right way.

I've tried putting them in the oven for various amounts of time at various temperatures and trying to pry the glass off but nothing seems to be working. I've tried boiling them too because I've heard that works.

What have you guys done that has worked for you?
    Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Janderson
    you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

the oven always worked for me. This isnt a quick procedure at all. Patience is needed. I always put them in the oven at 100 degrees for 5 minute intervals. Kept checking them and eventually I could pry off the lense without much trouble.

Never heard of boiling them although it seems like it would work.

Good luck

Taylor
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Anyone else?

Originally posted by Janderson
      you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

I put mine in the oven at 350 for about i don't know, 40 min. The adhesive gets really soft. Also, initially i placed them in the oven cold, and let them heat up w/ the oven, in order to gradually heat them up. I was leery of having extreme temperature changes break the glass. Then I used a painters knife to slowly cut the adhesive and pry up the lenses. It takes time and patience, but you will get em off. ;)

Ps, this is the painters knife I was talking about, worked like a charm!

Comment

Working...
        X