Smoke tails...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke tails...

I just installed a set of smoked tails on my 325es that my wife bought me for Valentine's Day. There are three bulbs that have to be replaced with red bulbs, the same three bulbs are clear in the original taillights. I put the three clear bulbs in just to see what it looked like, and one tail light, and one brake light turned on, but there is a third bulb that did not turn on. Anyone know what might cause this? I switched all three bulbs into that socket and it did not work, also switched all three bulbs through the other ones and all the bulbs worked.
    Also I need the metal hold down that bolts to the tail light and holds the outside edge of the tail light to the body, passenger side. Any one have this hold down and hardware??? Thanx!!!
    "Drive it like you stole it!!!"
    "Its only illegal if you get caught!!!"

Trace the wires on the tail light back to the factory plug. And see if there is any wires even running to that wire for the light in the new tail light. It maybe for the rear fog light that your car won't have.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

It would be the Euro rear fog light bulb. you car does not have the wiring for it. either leave the bulb there as a spare or run the wires for it and get a switch for it.

Comment

Thanx for the help guys!!!
        "Drive it like you stole it!!!"
        "Its only illegal if you get caught!!!"

Comment

Working...
        X