fog light install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fog light install

so before i buy a pair of fogs for my late model (91) 318i, I have a quick question. My car came without fogs from the factory, but is the wiring already set up? I see two cables on each side of the valence, but they're dangling waay back, and I haven't seen my car in two weeks so I haven't been able to check it out. I remember there being a blank button under my headlight adjuster that didn't seem to do anything.

thanks

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

I'm fairly certain that late models came pre-wired but, you'll have to add the relay. Somebody please chime in if this is wrong.
    [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

Comment

hmm. anyone else?

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

just so i dont have to make another thread. i have an mtech1 front bar with foggies on a 1989 320i i wired them up to the correct wires behind the driving lights and i fitted the k8 relay and 29/30 fuses but they still have no voltage supplied to them. The only thing i can think off now is that the switch which is a single switch for the rear fuses doesnt have the terminals to allow the front fuses to switch over

Comment

The late models should be pre-wired. But I'm not 100% certain
          Originally posted by audiquattrot
          bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
          1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
          2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
          1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
          2006 CBR600RR

Comment

I solved the problem [posted a new thread in the OT] about how to do it. I also installed Amber bulbs, which look great at night. Highly recommend it!

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

link?

Comment

sorry to bump this but i am trying to do this install myself and i can't find where the switch in the dash will plug in.. if i have to get a pic i will... but there is nothing for the fog light switch to plug into.

also, i do have the wires up front already for the fogs so i would assume it should have something in the dash...

Comment

i found it.. it was behind an orange box in my dash.. i just had to push it between that orange box and my heater/ac duct and it is now where it needs to be!

Comment

haha. yep that little fuckers pretty hidden. On the topic, I think I may be wiring up a rear fog light, so I'm going to need to do this all over again, and snag me a euro-fog light switch. :D

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

can you only get those online?

Comment

pretty sure. they were only sold on european spec cars, so unless they've *somehow* shown up in some dude's partsbin, its back to das motherland.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                          I solved the problem [posted a new thread in the OT] about how to do it. I also installed Amber bulbs, which look great at night. Highly recommend it!
                          Originally posted by payney8 View Post
                          link?
                          sigpic
                          January 2012 COTM

Comment

Hey guys, I finish my HID fog-light conversion last night, pics are in my project thread (see sig)

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Working...
                            X