high beam low beam winking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high beam low beam winking

yes it sounds weird but all of my headlights are brand new and is there a known issue where sometimes when you switch from high beam to low beam that the drivers side lights up when low beams are on and the passenger side lights up when high beams are on? they only work like that for me. low beam left side high beam right side. very frustrating. is there a possibility that a relay shorted out? and would that have anything to do with my wiper control relay "clicking" when i change from high to low or is that me just feeling the headlight relays through it? feel free to give me crap, I'm still trying to find a fsm locally and may just get one through work..

anyone?

Comment

Hmmmm, might be a bad bulb or two, rare but conceivable.

Try this - switch high beam bulbs side to side, same with low beams. See if the problem also switched sides.

Also, low beams are usually two filament, so they should light (different beam patterns, of course) on both high and low. Key is three terminals instead of just two (like highs).

Who did the headlight install, are they all new or just bulbs?
      Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
      Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
      Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
      Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

they are all new and I installed them. we checked the wiring after I did it and the low beam on the drivers side isnt getting power so that explains that light not coming on, but doesnt explain the other side going out. now after checking the wiring a bit more and cleaning a ground on the drivers side the high/low beam bulb works fine but not just the low beam. wait the low beam is the two prong one not the three prong one right?

Comment

Working...
        X