Has anyone tried these projectors????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried these projectors????

Flamesuit on, I realize that I like to go against the grain and while I love my car I am not a BMW "purist".

Not my car, just a photo I found of a similar styled car

My car has a flat black paint job and will be having a satin cleared rust hood. (might black out my kidneys as well, havnt decided)

I am not a big fan of ellisoids or thier price. Everyone has them. I am going to do HID's and I like the black housing on these h5006 replacements.

Last edited by rmd photography; 04-07-2010, 09:42 PM.

I hope you have your flamesuit on, because there's a good chance that they could melt and potentially catch fire if your using hid's with them. I know someone who had those ones but with the angel eyes on his benz and they melted the same day he installed them. Ellipsoids really aren't that much money, they pop up here often for around $100. And there's a reason why everyone has them. If you want a smoked look then you could just rock some laminx

Comment

Originally posted by 3046 View Post
      I hope you have your flamesuit on, because there's a good chance that they could melt and potentially catch fire if your using hid's with them. I know someone who had those ones but with the angel eyes on his benz and they melted the same day he installed them. Ellipsoids really aren't that much money, they pop up here often for around $100. And there's a reason why everyone has them. If you want a smoked look then you could just rock some laminx
      They are glass lensed and they actually sell them with HID's

Comment

I understand wanting a projector for lighting purposes and I understand you have your flame suit but these just look goofy maybe look better if they were smoked or darken so you couldn't see the projector. Where do you find these projectors at, I wouldn't mind looking at more pictures of them.
        1985 BMW 325e
        1997 BMW M3/4/5
        2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

I just don't understand the point of owning a nice car if you are gonna do that (^) to it.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
            I understand wanting a projector for lighting purposes and I understand you have your flame suit but these just look goofy maybe look better if they were smoked or darken so you couldn't see the projector. Where do you find these projectors at, I wouldn't mind looking at more pictures of them.
            Just google H5006 projectors. These I found a couple places as well as Egay.

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            I just don't understand the point of owning a nice car if you are gonna do that (^) to it.
            I got the car for $480 as a project. Its an 86' 325e. The stock paint was peeling so the dumbass PO decided to rattle can it flat black. It does however run amazingly well for a 24 yo car and the body is perfect, not even any door dings. Soooo.....the car is getting stripped and painted with a professional coat of flat black as well as suspension work and wheels to get it nice and low.

Basicly, its not starting out as a "nice car" and I am fixing it up as I go. If I had a "nice car" in factory condition I am sure I would go for a nice simple clean look, that just is not the case here. It is quite literally a project beater.

I mean no offense by this but I think your statement in your sig has a lot to do with our styling differences here. My automotive roots are in the racing and custom show car world.

Comment

Wow never knew these existed, although don't h4's fit instead of the sealed beams as well? What I wanna know is whether the projectors have a nice cutoff or if they're just a big old beam pointing everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Mossman View Post
                Wow never knew these existed, although don't h4's fit instead of the sealed beams as well? What I wanna know is whether the projectors have a nice cutoff or if they're just a big old beam pointing everywhere
                What do you mean about the H4's?

And ya, thats the main reason I am asking if anyone has tried them is to see what the light output is like.

Comment

OP did you read this?
                  -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Comment

Originally posted by dnova89 View Post
                    OP did you read this?
                    yes, but I have yet to see any of this type with angel eyes so I can only assume those to have been a different brand.

Comment

Originally posted by dnova89 View Post
                      OP did you read this?
                      You trying to point him towards the ellipsoid plus laminx suggestion? Good call ;) Op you can also take ellipsoids apart and paint the reflector part black i believe. My bad about those not being glass, I just assumed they were plastic like the ones i`ve seen. Chances are, if theyre still made in china or korea then your going to have other problems, like the seals leaking. Can you link us to the for sale ad for these lights?

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        Wait, did you just call the e30 a "nice" car? HA.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                          Troll.

Comment

You trying to point him towards the ellipsoid plus laminx suggestion? Good call ;) Op you can also take ellipsoids apart and paint the reflector part black i believe. My bad about those not being glass, I just assumed they were plastic like the ones i`ve seen. Chances are, if theyre still made in china or korea then your going to have other problems, like the seals leaking. Can you link us to the for sale ad for these lights?
                            Lol....everyone and these ellipsoids.

That may be the route I go, blacking out the internal surround reflector. Its all up in the air at this point.

Here is one of the Ebay links, and ya, I would imagine they are some asain made company. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H5001...#ht_2370wt_941

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                              Originally posted by Danny View Post
                              Troll.

Hahaha...I laffed.

Just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                              X